I trust everyone will hold Boehner and Cantor to their words?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't address the point of the thread. Instead he blamed Obama, so he probably won't hold them to their words. How about you and your newly awakened self?

I've said before that everyone is on probation. That's particularly been the call of the tea party folks. Everything I've read and heard has been "Just because these people have been elected doesn't mean the work is done." There will be dolts who embarrass and stars who shine and lemmings in the middle, and we'll both point at the other side's dolts and laugh at them. But I believe you'll see a more measured attempt at fine-tuning rather than scrapping everyone again.

I've said before that everyone is on probation. That's particularly been the call of the tea party folks. Everything I've read and heard has been "Just because these people have been elected doesn't mean the work is done." There will be dolts who embarrass and stars who shine and lemmings in the middle, and we'll both point at the other side's dolts and laugh at them. But I believe you'll see a more measured attempt at fine-tuning rather than scrapping everyone again.

Yes or no, not a terribly complicated question.

Please trusting Boehner and Cantor? What have they done for the people to even deserve a basic trust?

Will they raise taxes? Yes.

Will they repeal healthcare insurance probably not... will they adjust their own healthcare in that process as well? Nope.

Will they create jobs? Doubtful.

Excellent, bookmarked.

So this is your new red-assed pasttime? Asking posters if they will hold elected officials to their word, and then bookmarking their answer soooooo what, exactly? Are you going to come running back here, bookmark in hand, and type "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"?

What's next? A thread showing all the bookmarks you saved of people saying Ryan Fitzpatrick would never win a game this year?

Jesus.

He didn't address the point of the thread. Instead he blamed Obama, so he probably won't hold them to their words. How about you and your newly awakened self?

There is a point to the thread?

How exactly is someone supposed to hold Boehner and Cantor to their words?

Are they supposed to vote for their opponents next time? What if they don't live there, do they have to move so you're happy?

Are you stoned again? Because it sounds like you're stoned again.

There is a point to the thread?

How exactly is someone supposed to hold Boehner and Cantor to their words?

Are they supposed to vote for their opponents next time? What if they don't live there, do they have to move so you're happy?

Are you stoned again? Because it sounds like you're stoned again.

Throw the bums out! :rolleyes:

So this is your new red-assed pasttime? Asking posters if they will hold elected officials to their word, and then bookmarking their answer soooooo what, exactly? Are you going to come running back here, bookmark in hand, and type "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"?

What's next? A thread showing all the bookmarks you saved of people saying Ryan Fitzpatrick would never win a game this year?

Jesus.

Pretty much, as you are a partisan hack who almost always sides with conservatives right or wrong. This thread was aimed at you to be honest.

Pretty much, as you are a partisan hack who almost always sides with conservatives right or wrong. This thread was aimed at you to be honest.

So am I to understand correctly that you are, essentially, the caped crusader for bipartisan politics? Do you sit behind your computer in some creepy 1968 hand-me-down Walgreens superhero Halloween costume, traveling through the intertubes, smiting partisan hacks with your incredibly well-balanced and impartial take on things?

So am I to understand correctly that you are, essentially, the caped crusader for bipartisan politics? Do you sit behind your computer in some creepy 1968 hand-me-down Walgreens superhero Halloween costume, traveling through the intertubes, smiting partisan hacks with your incredibly well-balanced and impartial take on things?

:lol:

No offense to Booster, but I don't really understand the point of the thread. It's not as if either of these guys is a cult of personality with a huge following of adoring sycophants. They're just guys who are currently identified as fiscal conservatives. Outside of old guys with bulky ball caps and Republican bumper stickers, no one too much gives a **** about them personally.

If they don't behave like fiscal conservatives they will be quickly turned out just like the last bunch of Republicans that thought excessive spending was cool as long as they were the ones doing it. Why wouldn't anyone hold them to their words?

Edited by Rob's House

No offense to Booster, but I don't really understand the point of the thread. It's not as if either of these guys is a cult of personality with a huge following of adoring sycophants. They're just guys who are currently identified as fiscal conservatives. Outside of old guys with bulky ball caps and Republican bumper stickers, no one too much gives a **** about them personally.

If they don't behave like fiscal conservatives they will be quickly turned out just like the last bunch of Republicans that thought excessive spending was cool as long as they were the ones doing it. Why wouldn't anyone hold them to their words?

One would hope. However, I doubt some will. Don't get me wrong, I hope they (Boehner and Cantor) will follow through. I have my doubts on that though. I just wanted some (well one really) on record as to how they will react. Yes, it is a gotcha thread, but aren't they all?

Sounds more like me, actually.

All they had left in stock was eggplant.

Am I required to hold Boehner and Cantor to their words? What does that mean, exactly, in the context of not trusting any politicians?

You, no. You are clearly not a partisan hack. You get accused of it by both sides, to me that gives you a pass. I used to think you were a conservative hack, then realized you just like picking on dumbass liberals.

You lose me on the whole,"What does that mean, exactly, in the context of not trusting any politicians?".

Edited by Booster4324