Obama Administration Selling Arms to Middle East Nations

/dev/null

This deal has been in the works for at least five years (and probably closer to ten). So...

1) It's not an "Obama Administration" deal, and

2) Those shitbirds in Congress are whining that their "30 day review period" scheduled over a recess is unfair? Where have they been the past five years? :wallbash:

I'd like to point out, too, that Gates and Clinton arguing that this is about counter-terrorism is craven and cowardly politicking. It's entirely about bolstering the Gulf States' position w/r/t Iran, as the AIPAC quotes in the article point out.

This deal has been in the works for at least five years (and probably closer to ten). So...

1) It's not an "Obama Administration" deal, and

2) Those shitbirds in Congress are whining that their "30 day review period" scheduled over a recess is unfair? Where have they been the past five years? :wallbash:

I'd like to point out, too, that Gates and Clinton arguing that this is about counter-terrorism is craven and cowardly politicking. It's entirely about bolstering the Gulf States' position w/r/t Iran, as the AIPAC quotes in the article point out.

No matter what party is in power the new great game goes on unabated- 65+ years and going strong will probably go on another 65+ years at least.

So we've gone from "Change we can believe in" to continuing the policies of the previous 2 administrations

That slogan died within days of taking office. This Administration is just as bad as the previous one, and in many cases it's worse.

My favorite news from yesterday was the new Missile Defense Shield. For Europe. I'm glad we can afford that.

My favorite news from yesterday was the new Missile Defense Shield. For Europe. I'm glad we can afford that.

My favorite too, but for different reasons. Everyone remember when Obama cancelled the missile defense in Europe? In part because it damaged our relations with Russia?

Apparently giving them a reset button made it okay.

My favorite too, but for different reasons. Everyone remember when Obama cancelled the missile defense in Europe? In part because it damaged our relations with Russia?

Apparently giving them a reset button made it okay.

I know, I said, "wtf, didn't we just cancel this?"