SB halftime show announced

Beerball

agreed with the posters above who mentioned Prince. Big fan, and that was the BEST halftime show in the past decade. Dude is a WICKED guitar player. Possibly one of the best alive.

That would be poster. Me. Singular.....Nobody else seemed to agree with it. I'm glad you chimed in because I thought I was crazy.

That would be poster. Me. Singular.....Nobody else seemed to agree with it. I'm glad you chimed in because I thought I was crazy.

The lack of a post in agreement didn't mean that no one agreed. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.

Here's His Royal Purpleness at his best:

I'm just sayin' that dogs catching Frisbees would be a big hit at a very low price. ;)

Edited by HopsGuy

I have to admit, Prince was pretty damn impressive.

(He's such a weird little creature, when the rain started coming down hard, I half expected him shrivel up and scream, "I'm melting...what a world, what a world..."

I'm not a big Prince fan and think he is entirely overrated. With that said, I agree it was a very good halftime show, as far as halftime shows go. Prince is more theater than actual musical talent, IMO, but it works sometimes. That was one of those times.

Personally I'm glad they're going with a group like Black Eyed Peas because when it comes to SB halftime entertainment, listening to everyone B word and moan about what a lousy band they are is a nice change of pace from what we usually hear, which is everyone bitching and moaning about how old they are.

Black eyed whatever is agreeably close to as lame as it gets. However the upside is that at least they are getting entertainment that is somewhat current. Usually they would roll out "The Boss", Paul McCartney or Kiss. I see it as a step in the right direction.

I agree too that it is lame and current but everyone needs to realize that these choices of Jerry Jones could now be influenced by those "granchildren" of his.

Personally I'm glad they're going with a group like Black Eyed Peas because when it comes to SB halftime entertainment, listening to everyone B word and moan about what a lousy band they are is a nice change of pace from what we usually hear, which is everyone bitching and moaning about how old they are.

Good point!

I'm convinced that I could have a more entertaining half-time show that what we've seen the last 15 years. I'd get two of those dogs that catch Frisbees and just have them do that for 15 minutes. I'd sell ad space on those kerchiefs around their necks. You can't tell me that wouldn't be a winner.

I'd watch that.

I'm on your side, Prince is the dude. Amazing in every way.

Black Eyed Peas are useless--but at least I won't have to get uncomfortable watching Roger Daltrey drop a ball trying to hit those high notes

Don't really see a huge overlap between football fans and terrible pop-rap fans...but what do I know?