SB halftime show announced

Beerball

Black Eyed Peas = the band you call when you can't book the band you really want because they'll do anything

Black Eyed Peas = "we'll do anything"

Black Eyed Peas = the most overexposed band in the world that nobody likes

Black Eyed Peas = Nickleback

Unfortunately, I must agree with this. I say unfortunately because the BEPs were once a very good, very respected underground hip hop act. BEFORE they added Fergie and went Mainstream Pop.

I still listen to, and enjoy, their first 2 albums (Behind the Front, and Bridging the Gap). It wasnt until Elephunk, where they added Fergie, that their stuff went straight downhill.

If you ever have a chance to check out their first two albums, I recommend them.

Anything after that... garbage!

Black Eyed Peas = the band you call when you can't book the band you really want because they'll do anything

I wonder if they will play "Let's get it started"? Because you never hear that song and it's so wonderfully complex and deep.

Black Eyed Peas. That's one crappy band.

Am I losing my mind or didn't this selection leak out a while ago? I could swear that I remember having the "hey, it's not another band from the 60s" reaction already... not that I'm complaining about the string of bands from the 60s.

I'm convinced that I could have a more entertaining half-time show that what we've seen the last 15 years. I'd get two of those dogs that catch Frisbees and just have them do that for 15 minutes. I'd sell ad space on those kerchiefs around their necks. You can't tell me that wouldn't be a winner.

Should have gotten Trans Siberian Orchestra as half time entertainment

for the Super Bowl...

I never thought of that possibility, but it would be enormously awesome beyond words.

Sadly enough, that's an insult to Nickelback, who still use their own crappy voices and play their own crappy instruments, as opposed to all the auto-tune, drum machine BS.

I'm convinced that I could have a more entertaining half-time show that what we've seen the last 15 years. I'd get two of those dogs that catch Frisbees and just have them do that for 15 minutes. I'd sell ad space on those kerchiefs around their necks. You can't tell me that wouldn't be a winner.

As much as I'm a Springsteen fanatic, I have to say that Prince's show in Miami was just awesome! We were blown away at my party. And, I'm not even a Prince fan.

Am I losing my mind or didn't this selection leak out a while ago? I could swear that I remember having the "hey, it's not another band from the 60s" reaction already... not that I'm complaining about the string of bands from the 60s.

Yes, this is old news to me, too. Maybe that is why the article says something about more details in November or something.

I'm so old that I think the only BEP song I know is My Humps. I hope they play that - lyrically, that song speaks to me like For What It's Worth or Slit Skirts..... :beer:

Black Eye Peas will be the first band ever to play both the Grey Cup halftime show (did it in 2008 I believe) and the Super Bowl halftime show.

I weep for this continent.....

:lol:

I gotta admit even if it means handing in my man-card... Fergie (and voice) (sad I know her name) is divine in this catchy one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7HahVwYpwo

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Black eyed whatever is agreeably close to as lame as it gets. However the upside is that at least they are getting entertainment that is somewhat current. Usually they would roll out "The Boss", Paul McCartney or Kiss. I see it as a step in the right direction.