Tampa Bay Bucs wr Mike Williams arrested for dwi

miketan

They are also doing urine analysis to see if he was impaired by something other than alcohol. Since he failed his field sobriety test, that was a justifiable next step.

SCRATCH THAT.

According to the Bucs (via Adam Schefter on Twitter) they've said Williams volunteered for the urine test to prove he was innocent. He was pulled over for driving 12 mph over the speed limit.

Edited by LynchMob23

While there is no question driving drunk is dangerous I doubt Williams was affected at .061' Sometimes I wonder if lowering blood alcohol limits aren't more about earning more money in fines than public safety.

PTR

No doubt, IMO. That and bowing to pressure from anti-alcohol concerns. There is little opposition to more rigid laws in this area.

They are also doing urine analysis to see if he was impaired by something other than alcohol. Since he failed his field sobriety test, that was a justifiable next step.

SCRATCH THAT.

According to the Bucs (via Adam Schefter on Twitter) they've said Williams volunteered for the urine test to prove he was innocent. He was pulled over for driving 12 mph over the speed limit.

And Ofcourse ESPN has to run with this.

This is a non-event.

Nothing to see here, please move on.

What happened to .08?

leonidas

Lower portion of the article:

"Several weeks ago, Bucs tight end Jerramy Stevens was busted on marijuana charges, and he promptly was cut. Williams likely won’t suffer the same fate, especially if the final test results remain under 0.08 percent, the legal limit."

"Schefter reports that Williams was pulled over for driving going 12 mph over the speed limit. Breath testing indicated that Williams’ alcohol level was under the legal limit.

Williams was then brought in and gave a urine sample. The Tampa Tribune reports that a urine test is done if a deputy suspects a driver is impaired by a substance other than alcohol. The results of the urine test will determine whether Williams ends up with more than a speeding ticket."

I thought Mike Williams made his comeback with the Seahawks...

I thought he was giving it a try on the O-line with the Redskins. He sure gets around. I wonder where he'll show up next?

There's two Mike Williams in the NFL. Former Bill Mike Williams, and former SU reciever Mike Williams. This is the SU reciever.

There's two Mike Williams in the NFL. Former Bill Mike Williams, and former SU reciever Mike Williams. This is the SU reciever.

OK, I'll bite...

Both Mike Williams are WRs. One went to USC and is now with the Seattle Seahawks. The other Mike Williams went to Syracuse for awhile, quit the team, and is now playing for Tampa Bay. He is the one mentioned in the possible DUI situation.

The Bills former OL Mike Williams is a third Mike Williams.