AP - Swedish Court to Seek Arrest of WikiLeaks Founder

LONDON — A Swedish prosecutor said on Thursday that she would seek a court order for the arrest of Julian Assange, founder of the WikiLeaks whistle-blower’s Web site, for questioning on charges of rape and other offenses.

Mr. Assange claims that the charges are retalition for WikiLeaks posting on its Web site a cache of 77,000 secret Pentagon documents on the war in Afghanistan, and following up last month by posting nearly 400,000 Pentagon documents, also secret, on the Iraq war.

The US State Department categorically denied those claims. However, one anonymous official stated, "Betcha he can't prove that."

LONDON — A Swedish prosecutor said on Thursday that she would seek a court order for the arrest of Julian Assange, founder of the WikiLeaks whistle-blower’s Web site, for questioning on charges of rape and other offenses.

Mr. Assange claims that the charges are retalition for WikiLeaks posting on its Web site a cache of 77,000 secret Pentagon documents on the war in Afghanistan, and following up last month by posting nearly 400,000 Pentagon documents, also secret, on the Iraq war.

The US State Department categorically denied those claims. However, one anonymous official stated, "Betcha he can't prove that."

A. I don't want to see this guy arrested for the docs he released, unless he did something illegal to get them.

B. It's not like we are big allies with Sweden....of all countries. :rolleyes: Certainly if we really hauled them in and told them they had to arrest this guy on trumped up charges, not only wouldn't they do it, but they'd be leaking the entire conversation to Wikileaks themselves. :wallbash:

C. Rape has nothing to do with this stuff, and the fact that there are two women saying the same thing makes me think this has a good chance of being true.

D. The fact that Sweden is making a big deal about extraditing this guy, when they rarely do this, tells me they are pissed.

E. Of course, the prosecutor's character will be attacked, and her motives questioned...instead of her just being a prosecutor, who is trying to do her job.