If the acquitted Islamo nut jobs come a knocking on doors

Looking for blood to spill I hope its the door to this judges house and not mine.

POS

U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan had thanked the jury, saying the outcome showed that justice "can be rendered calmly, deliberately and fairly by ordinary people — people who are not beholden to any government, even this one."
Hollow words from a pampered American. Judge Lewis Kaplan barred a key witness from testifying because the man's name came to light while Ghailani was held at a CIA camp where suspects were allegedly tortured Edited by whateverdude

Looking for blood to spill I hope its the door to this judges house and not mine.

POS

Hollow words from a pampered American. Judge Lewis Kaplan barred a key witness from testifying because the man's name came to light while Ghailani was held at a CIA camp where suspects were allegedly tortured

The case never even should have been heard, and the single conviction should be overturned on appeal, since the court in question didn't even have judirisdiction.

Not to mention if you believe these guys are the "worst of the worse" acquitting them and turning them out into the streets is a scary thought. Our court systems are not setup for this type of situation. The "America tortures" crowd is so obsessed with slapping the hand of the Bush administration they would release onto the American public all the murdering cut throats in GITMO.

Edited by whateverdude

The case never even should have been heard, and the single conviction should be overturned on appeal, since the court in question didn't even have judirisdiction.

Then I suggest you don't go over to a place like the Huffington Post. You'd think they just freed Nelson Mandela.

In other news, we're already hearing that Holder plans to allow Ahmed Ghailani to serve part of his time next year competing on Dancing With The Stars in an effort to promote his book; "Why America is Ripe For The Picking."

Then I suggest you don't go over to a place like the Huffington Post. You'd think they just freed Nelson Mandela.

In other news, we're already hearing that Holder plans to allow Ahmed Ghailani to serve part of his time next year competing on Dancing With The Stars in an effort to promote his book; "Why America is Ripe For The Picking."

:lol:

Funny you mention the Huffington Post, I was browsing their site yesterday, reading the Soros article and the comments were..... ummmm

entertaining?

I kept reading this one guys comments and I could of swore it was Conner. Many of these people are truly delusional.

Funny you mention the Huffington Post, I was browsing their site yesterday, reading the Soros article and the comments were..... ummmm

entertaining?

I kept reading this one guys comments and I could of swore it was Conner. Many of these people are truly delusional.

Not to take this thread sideways (because the handling of this case, and the resulting verdict, are particularly troubling and consequential)but that Soros article was interesting on a number of fronts. The HuffPost seems to have become the conduit of choice for WH trial balloons (Axelrod's exclusive interview about Obama bending on the Bush tax cuts while Obama was overseas blowing the S. Korea deal) or speaking to the WH without speaking to the WH (Soros telling all the progressives to think twice before giving to Obama.) They really have become the voice of the uber-left progressives, and in reading some of the comments it has become clear that even some of the progressives are uncomfortable with this direction it's been taking.

Not to take this thread sideways (because the handling of this case, and the resulting verdict, are particularly troubling and consequential)but that Soros article was interesting on a number of fronts. The HuffPost seems to have become the conduit of choice for WH trial balloons (Axelrod's exclusive interview about Obama bending on the Bush tax cuts while Obama was overseas blowing the S. Korea deal) or speaking to the WH without speaking to the WH (Soros telling all the progressives to think twice before giving to Obama.) They really have become the voice of the uber-left progressives, and in reading some of the comments it has become clear that even some of the progressives are uncomfortable with this direction it's been taking.

Though, if you were to believe Arianna, she's still a model conservative.

In other news... this is a scream.

This is even better. She sounds like Conner.

HUFFINGTON:
I mean, this is a man who also spent $50 million in the presidential race and got one delegate.

SCARBOROUGH:
Hold on a second. Arianna, I’ve got to say this. Just stop. If we’re going to do this, Arianna, I, understand, we’re going to talk about your race in California.

HUFFINGTON:
I never, I mean, my…

SCARBOROUGH:
You ran for governor of California, and it was a complete flop. I still want to hear your ideas, and I don’t always go back to your failures here or your failures there. But for some reason, you’re doing it with Giuliani. And I, by the way, I would be defending somebody on the Left if someone on the Right was doing the same thing to them.

GIULIANI:
The reality is you criticized the Tea Party movement and the right-wingers for getting terribly personal and terribly irrelevant and racist, and you’re the worst offender. I mean, I come on here just to talk about Marco Rubio, you’re attacking me on Bernie Kerik, you’re attacking me on how I ran my presidential race. I imagine you’re going to attack me on what I did in the Little League when I was a child. I mean, this is an over the top, emotional reaction as opposed to an intellectual discussion of whether Rubio or Crist would be the better senator.

Edited by Nanker

Though, if you were to believe Arianna, she's still a model conservative.

In other news... this is a scream.

This is even better. She sounds like Conner.

HUFFINGTON:
I mean, this is a man who also spent $50 million in the presidential race and got one delegate.

SCARBOROUGH:
Hold on a second. Arianna, I’ve got to say this. Just stop. If we’re going to do this, Arianna, I, understand, we’re going to talk about your race in California.

HUFFINGTON:
I never, I mean, my…

SCARBOROUGH:
You ran for governor of California, and it was a complete flop. I still want to hear your ideas, and I don’t always go back to your failures here or your failures there. But for some reason, you’re doing it with Giuliani. And I, by the way, I would be defending somebody on the Left if someone on the Right was doing the same thing to them.

GIULIANI:
The reality is you criticized the Tea Party movement and the right-wingers for getting terribly personal and terribly irrelevant and racist, and you’re the worst offender. I mean, I come on here just to talk about Marco Rubio, you’re attacking me on Bernie Kerik, you’re attacking me on how I ran my presidential race. I imagine you’re going to attack me on what I did in the Little League when I was a child. I mean, this is an over the top, emotional reaction as opposed to an intellectual discussion of whether Rubio or Crist would be the better senator.

I was watching Morning Joe that morning (as I usually do, which btw I believe is the best morning show other than the Squawk box) and she absolutely got pawned that morning from both Scarborough and Giulianni.

Either way this is a blow for the administration.

This is the real story here.

Why? Because this is the tool that will be used against "yeah, but Obama is a good terror warrior, he kept up the Predator attacks, didn't he?" in 2012. It's an effective tool, because there is no rational counter argument.

The Huffington post, and it's entire readership, still only accounts for 20% of the American people, and the 80% is more likely to be pissed off by captured terrorists being set free, than they are to be happy about the predator attacks.

Also, Predator attacks are more abstract, in a far away place, while failed prosecutions that never should have happened in the first place, are much more up close and personal.

entertaining?

I'm convinced that attitude and liberalism is a genetic disease

Damn that constitution!!

The constitution. The document that only protects US citizens accused of crimes committed inside the U.S., is what is protecting a citizen of Tanzania accused of crimes committed in Africa, that largely killed Africans.

Yes! Finally I beat DC_Tom, and get to call you an idiot, first.

(Tom, don't get all technical on me, he doesn't know what you are going to say anyway, and you are going to ruin my fun.)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The constitution. The document that only protects US citizens accused of crimes committed inside the U.S.

I'll write you a check for $1000 if you can point to the line in the constitution where it says that.

The only places that specifically mention citizenry are the right to vote and also the Fourteenth Amendment.

I'll write you a check for $1000 if you can point to the line in the constitution where it says that.

The only places that specifically mention citizenry are the right to vote and also the Fourteenth Amendment.

Like you have a $1000

OC's wrong in that it doesn't only apply to US citizens.

But you're - again - a complete !@#$ing moron for not understanding the conditions and requirements under which constitutional protections do apply. Why don't you go read up on the Geneva Convention's restrictions on the application of domestic law in cases of combattants of uncertain status captured on a battlefield; and on the idea and practice of "extradition", and how it's agreed on, applied, and executed...

...wait, what am I saying? You can't read. You're a complete !@#$ing moron. So why don't you just shut the hell up until Bill Nye does an episode on it.

Yes, the Constitution was not designed as a definition of the government of our country by its citizens, in fact, it was meant to define how we should govern the rest of the world, since it applies to the rest of the world's citizens... :lol: :lol:

You're a moron. It only took one sentence to prove it. Again, you have been making it too easy...

OC's wrong in that it doesn't only apply to US citizens.

I specifically ask you not to ruin my fun, and you do it anyway? Come on, it would have taken at least 14 posts, perhaps even pages, for conner to arrive at this, and if he didn't I would handed it to him in the most lulzy way possible...

...all that potential humor down the drain...because you have to ruin it. :bag:

You are not the Emperor, you are Lando, and this post proves it! :D

Yes, the Constitution was not designed as a definition of the government of our country by its citizens, in fact, it was meant to define how we should govern the rest of the world, since it applies to the rest of the world's citizens... :lol: :lol:

You're a moron. It only took one sentence to prove it. Again, you have been making it too easy...

You forget that with the SC's recent rulings on habeas corpus, US law, and by extention the Constitution, is basically considered now to apply to everyone, everywhere.

I specifically ask you not to ruin my fun, and you do it anyway? Come on, it would have taken at least 14 posts, perhaps even pages, for conner to arrive at this, and if he didn't I would handed it to him in the most lulzy way possible...

...all that potential humor down the drain...because you have to ruin it. :bag:

You are not the Emperor, you are Lando, and this post proves it! :D

Hey, with his complete lack of reading comprehension skills, it's going to be a hell of a lot more fun watching him reconcile domestic law with the Geneva Convention. 14 posts? My way, we can look forward to watching him tie himself in knots for 14 pages trying to justify this trial.

This is why you are but a learner, and I am the master...

You forget that with the SC's recent rulings on habeas corpus, US law, and by extention the Constitution, is basically considered now to apply to everyone, everywhere.

Good, so by that, I can sue Iran's citizens for allowing their government to cause me intentional emotional distress. I like this! We can sue China's factory workers for their negligent workmanship, and the lead based paint they intentionally used. Oh boy! We can sue a ton of people if US law applies to everyone, everywhere! :rolleyes:

Hey, with his complete lack of reading comprehension skills, it's going to be a hell of a lot more fun watching him reconcile domestic law with the Geneva Convention. 14 posts? My way, we can look forward to watching him tie himself in knots for 14 pages trying to justify this trial.

This is why you are but a learner, and I am the master...

Well, there's no way to know now, is there? So what am I learning there, master? You get to have all the fun, and I don't get to have any?

I think you are just pissed that I got to call conner an idiot first, and that's why you blew me in.

No, because that was specifically designed to be humorous, until Tom ruined it.

The part that's still funny regardless is: you don't know whether I am wrong or right on this, and you don't know why.

Good, so by that, I can sue Iran's citizens for allowing their government to cause me intentional emotional distress. I like this! We can sue China's factory workers for their negligent workmanship, and the lead based paint they intentionally used. Oh boy! We can sue a ton of people if US law applies to everyone, everywhere! :rolleyes:

Not yet...but give it a few years.

Well, there's no way to know now, is there? So what am I learning there, master? You get to have all the fun, and I don't get to have any?

I think you are just pissed that I got to call conner an idiot first, and that's why you blew me in.

As often as I've called him an idiot? You think being first matters to me at all?

So you're admitting I'm right? Are you going to admit you're wrong, then?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/123368-the-gop-change-machine/page__view__findpost__p__2036847