CJ Spiller calling Ricky Sapp a...

WordByrd

one of the dumbest threads i've ever seen on this board. get a !@#$ing grip people. unless he's saying something derogatory about gay people, who. the. !@#$. cares.

+100000

Of course, people being 'offended' by someone they've never met saying something to someone else they've never met is now the primary national pasttime for a nation of gutless turds.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, this message board is full of bigots.

This is literally the most shocking thread I've ever seen here.

I get that Buffalo has a white-trash dumb "blue collar" reputation, but I'm still surprised to see so many people here condoning this.

Wow.

A thousand lols to all of the "PC Police" people here acting as if using hate-filled speech is something to proudly protect.

You all sound like a bunch of Neanderthals, and I hope that someday you'll look back at this and feel pretty ashamed when bashing homosexuals is inevitably looked back upon in the same light that bashing other minority groups has become.

Absolutely disgusting how people who post about how mediocre Ryan Fitzpatrick is get crucified, but the bigots are propped up and defended en masse.

Wish I never opened this thread.

This is literally the most shocking thread I've ever seen here.

I get that Buffalo has a white-trash dumb "blue collar" reputation, but I'm still surprised to see so many people here condoning this.

Wow.

A thousand lols to all of the "PC Police" people here acting as if using hate-filled speech is something to proudly protect.

You all sound like a bunch of Neanderthals, and I hope that someday you'll look back at this and feel pretty ashamed when bashing homosexuals is inevitably looked back upon in the same light that bashing other minority groups has become.

Absolutely disgusting how people who post about how mediocre Ryan Fitzpatrick is get crucified, but the bigots are propped up and defended en masse.

is this sarcastic? it doesn't always come through. if not, go watch gran torino and pass out from the vapors.

Freedom of speech dies at the hands of Political Correctness. Blame the Faggots!

Ignorance is apparently bliss! You don't seem to understand the 1st amendment. Nor, apparently, do you understand that kids are being bullied and beaten for being different.

Freedom of Speech is a protection from the govt., not from the people who hear you use that freedom so wastefully. It's hilarious that you are so eager to defend CJ's use of the freedom to make the original mistake, but you jump all over the posters who use their right to point out it was a mistake and congratulate him for understanding and correcting it.

The real irony is that today in the US the Politically Correct thing is to sit quietly and watch as bullies and mobs run rampant over the rights of individuals. It's not politically correct anymore to speak out, instead we tell people to shut up.

This thread stopped being about Spiller long ago. He made a small mistake, and kept it small. It amazes me how much name calling and intolerance has since been tossed around. It saddens me that there are still so many that think putting others down raises themselves up.

And to those of you who think it's funny, you're missing the point. Intolerance and hatred is a cultural thing. It's the result of all the little steps we individually take. Check out the news stories where homosexual kids are beaten, killed or bullied into suicide.

If adults can take it in stride, good for them. Kids can't. Our actions are heard and seen by others and passed around and around. Our kids see this and think it's acceptable to act the same way. The only problem is they don't have the developed buffers and boundaries that we as adults should have grown -- and their victims haven't built up the defenses that we as adults need to have grown.

+100000

Of course, people being 'offended' by someone they've never met saying something to someone else they've never met is now the primary national pasttime for a nation of gutless turds.

"Gutless turds" is an odd term when you're criticizing people for speaking out against injustice when the will of the mob is that they please shut up and go away.

What's offensive is not that a single man used a single hate filled term.

What's offensive is that we culturally accept and encourage this behavior through talk radio, anonymous forums and divisive politics.

What's offensive is that adults are willfully blind to the fact that little problems, taken as a cultural whole, result in kids being bullied, beaten, and killed.

I get that Buffalo has a white-trash dumb "blue collar" reputation

Isn't "white trash" a derogatory term? Oh that's right, self rightous, condescending people like you get to choose who can be made fun of. I too wish you didn't open this thread