The Latest Case of Palin Derangement Syndrome

Nanker

One could always go old school and throw a lamp at it, or be hard core and sock the TV with your fist.

Just sayin'.

A lamp, no doubt with a CFL bulb, at a LCD TV. That's a hazmat response, and probably one you'll have to foot the bill for.

You can't even destroy household electronics anymore without paying big bucks to the government...

A lamp, no doubt with a CFL bulb, at a LCD TV. That's a hazmat response, and probably one you'll have to foot the bill for.

You can't even destroy household electronics anymore without paying big bucks to the government...

We've got two fluorescent light tubes in our house and we have no idea what to do with them.

It isn't the household appliances that is the problem... He then turned the weapon on his blushing bride. Was that always acceptable? :P

That's what extra thick contractor size Hefty Bags are for.

We've got two fluorescent light tubes in our house and we have no idea what to do with them.

See above. Double bag 'em.

It isn't the household appliances that is the problem... He then turned the weapon on his blushing bride. Was that always acceptable? :P

Not always. Depends on the meaning of the word "old" is, I guess.

Maybe I'm way off the mark here but, shouldn't we be happy that things like Dancing with the Stars exists, from a cultural perspective, as opposed to the other crap that is out there? Doesn't something that actually requires ability, practice, hard work and determination, serve as an uptick in cultural value? Now, of course we could say that WWE requires the same thing.

But, dance is a fine art. Wrestling is basically a soap opera, the lowest form of writing, with dudes running around in their underwear.

It's not like I have time to watch either, and it's not like I watch network TV very often, but I can't see complaining about people doing something that improves/reinforces art, regardless of who is doing it. And, I am glad that we are celebrating real talent, rather than heaping praise on low-end crap.

Maybe I'm way off the mark here but, shouldn't we be happy that things like Dancing with the Stars exists, from a cultural perspective, as opposed to the other crap that is out there? Doesn't something that actually requires ability, practice, hard work and determination, serve as an uptick in cultural value? Now, of course we could say that WWE requires the same thing.

But, dance is a fine art. Wrestling is basically a soap opera, the lowest form of writing, with dudes running around in their underwear.

It's not like I have time to watch either, and it's not like I watch network TV very often, but I can't see complaining about people doing something that improves/reinforces art, regardless of who is doing it. And, I am glad that we are celebrating real talent, rather than heaping praise on low-end crap.

I think the bigger knock is the celebrity worship. Which may be in the human DNA anyway, on the gene right next to the one that controls congenital bitching.

i agree, accept that this show has tried hard to be controversial this year. i mean does teenage pregnancy really qualify someone as a "star"? if so, then the US is full of em. they have been highly successful though, to the detriment of the dancing, contestants, viewers and show in general...everything worsened but the ratings. so the art aint what it's really about....but, i get what you're saying. in a more basic form, it's healthier entertainment. unfortunately, no where near 20 million people watch serious, commercial free dance competitions on pbs where many of the same pro's from dancing with the stars compete (and are often also rans).