Return of the Resilient Bills?

SuperBills12

The last 4 weeks have been tremendous with regards to the effort the Bills have put forth. The Bills have hung tough through these loses, but the effort is clearly there. I'm not saying I'm proud to be 1-8, but at least these guys are trying (unlike other years).

Anyone else think the resilient Bills of old may be returning?

Edited by SuperBills12

The last 4 weeks have been tremendous with regards to the effort the Bills have put forth. The Bills have hung tough through these loses, but the effort is clearly there. I'm not saying I'm proud to be 1-8, but at least these guys are trying (unlike other years).

I suppose so in some regards its true. I think scrappy might be a better word.

I agree that this group is a scrappy bunch. But these guys still don't know how to close out games, and bury opponents. They almost let that one slip away against the Lions in the final seconds of the game. The defense fights hard, but they're still lost at crucial points in the game. Opposing offenses know where are weaknesses are and exploit them.

In my opinion, we're lacking a few of the important pieces we need to become winners. As you can see in the NFL this year, any team has a chance to win on any given week. And it's those few playmakers that make the difference in a close game. (Santonio Holmes has carried the Jets to close wins, Troy Palamalu has made big plays on defense to get the Steelers a couple wins, Mike Vick has been a major catalyst in Philly, Hakeem Nicks has made some impossible grabs to carry the Giants to wins, etc etc.)

The positions that stand out the most to me are DE/OLB (we need 2 effective pass rushers), another run stopping MLB/ILB, Right Offensive tackle, and Tight End.

I would say QB, because Fitz is a fringe player, teetering on dependable and unreliable. His accuracy suffers because he has to put more effort into throwing the ball with velocity. And he suffers mental lapses at times. But he is a fierce competitor, and gives it his all on every play. Not to mention his ability to run with the ball. I like him a lot, and I'm proud to call him a Bill. But his ceiling is below that of the elite players in this league (Brady, Manning, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, etc.) because of his athleticism and arm strength. I still think we need to take the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE in next years draft. Not just some QB we think will be the next great franchise guy. There may be a lineman there like Da'Quan Bowers or Marcell Dareus that will bring much more to the table in the grand scheme of things. Fitz has the ability to lead this offense over the next couple years if we let him.

Looking forward to watching this team grow over the next couple years :thumbsup:

Edited by Got_Wood

I was listening to an interview with Drew Brees and he responded to a question about the then 0-8 Bills. Something like... "If one or two balls bounced their way, they could easily be 3-5."

No question, Chan has these guys fighting.

They are scrappy, don't give up, but they have to learn to deliver the death blow to other teams, the nail in coffin, and for God sake stop going into the Prevent Defense - it only prevents us from winning. Poz covering Calvin Johnson was a joke. Look at all the games we gave away because we couldn't deliver the death blow !

I do think we have the start of a turnaround here. Chan is a good coach and the players respect him and work hard. Now Bills fans can do their part by showing up for the last 3 games.

PTR

Agreed

I team is better off today, then they were a year ago today. Just wish a few of the high draft pick would have fallen into place.

the final score was a margin of 3 points or less in the last 4 Bills games.

The Miami game was within 5 and the Putz 8.

Those 6 INT's from FITZ all cost the Bills the game. TWO in the 4th QTR vs the Putz, TWO in the 3rd QTR vs the Cravens, and TWO in the 4th QTR vs the Bears.

In both the Ravens and Bears game the INT gave them an easy 7 and 8 points.

Had the Bills a better run game and a better defense.. Alas what could have been. :bag:

the final score was a margin of 3 points or less in the last 4 Bills games.

The Miami game was within 5 and the Putz 8.

Those 6 INT's from FITZ all cost the Bills the game. TWO in the 4th QTR vs the Putz, TWO in the 3rd QTR vs the Cravens, and TWO in the 4th QTR vs the Bears.

In both the Ravens and Bears game the INT gave them an easy 7 and 8 points.

Had the Bills a better run game and a better defense.. Alas what could have been. :bag:

Right. This time, they didn't commit the late turnover, they ran the ball well, and the D was stout. If they do it again, they can beat the Bangles.

I suppose so in some regards its true. I think scrappy might be a better word.

Better choice of words, I agree. Scrappy....

Resilient almost infers a winner, which we haven't gotten to that point yet. The Bills of 92 & 93, with declining talent, FA loses, injuries, and aging, were "resilient".

Better choice of words, I agree. Scrappy....

Resilient almost infers a winner, which we haven't gotten to that point yet. The Bills of 92 & 93, with declining talent, FA loses, injuries, and aging, were "resilient".

After today's game I think they're definitely turning from Scrappy to Resilient...I like what I'm seeing...The reason I became a Bills fan was the never give up attitude.

No one circles the wagons like.......... :thumbsup:

They are scrappy, don't give up, but they have to learn to deliver the death blow to other teams, the nail in coffin, and for God sake stop going into the Prevent Defense - it only prevents us from winning. Poz covering Calvin Johnson was a joke. Look at all the games we gave away because we couldn't deliver the death blow !

This was the first time I've seen the Bills win by delivering a back-breaker (as opposed to simply hanging on) in years.