Old time computer articles...

Just Jack

Good stuff. I wonder how Clifford Stoll feels about his banal, incredibly short-sighted musings regarding the Internet, now that

U.S. News & World Report Ceases Printing - to Become Online Only

and now that the very magazine in which his article appeared is also ' no more ' ? :D

Tina Brown Got Married! Can News-Beast Pay for the Honeymoon?

Edited by The Senator

Then there's cyberbusiness. We're promised instant catalog shopping—just point and click for great deals. We'll order airline tickets over the network, make restaurant reservations and negotiate sales contracts. Stores will become obselete.

Link

In the second quarter, OpenTable seated 15.6 million diners across 14,128 restaurants, and made total revenue of $22.45 million, including revenue from installing its software in new restaurants.

It's amazing how far we've come in a short time. However I still like my morning paper. Recently I've been having an issue with it coming in time for me to read it before work. But what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks is getting it right before I leave for work and I read it in the evening when I get home. I now can spend an hour or more reading it and I love that.