Chris Kelsay

cmjoyce113

Every time I watched Kelsay specifically he was at the DE position. I don't think I saw him line up at linebacker at all. I may have missed it but all in all i thought Kelsay played a real good game. He drew 2 holding penalties because he was getting off the ball quick. I wonder if playing linebacker actually helped his speed as a DE. Thoughts?

Every time I watched Kelsay specifically he was at the DE position. I don't think I saw him line up at linebacker at all. I may have missed it but all in all i thought Kelsay played a real good game. He drew 2 holding penalties because he was getting off the ball quick. I wonder if playing linebacker actually helped his speed as a DE. Thoughts?

Agreed and as bad as he has played in past games this season, it was quite shocking to see....

I also noted Whitner may have had his best game from 1st quarter through 4th as a Bill. Lots of deflections/ passes defensed and good solid hitting.

I noted even further that Poz was all over the filed making good plays. He got victimized with a coverage mismatch late but theres not a LB in the league who can cover Calvin.

Edited by 34-78-83

I'm thinking that Chris Kelsay should stay at DE and never play linebacker again. And even at DE, Kelsay trys as hard as he can I'll give him that, but he should not be a starting DE if the Bills had a top 15 defense.

He was playing his natural position and had a solid first half, he wasn't much of a factor late in the game where the Lions began to pass. He's not a good or reliable pass rusher. When Edwards tries to protect a lead he only rush 3, 2 if you include Kelsay's only move, the bull rush.

He would be the perfect 2 down player on most teams, he's the premier pass rusher on ours. Edwards needs to challenge Kelsay by sitting him and play other players, like Colemna or Moats.

I'm thinking that Chris Kelsay should stay at DE and never play linebacker again. And even at DE, Kelsay trys as hard as he can I'll give him that, but he should not be a starting DE if the Bills had a top 15 defense.

Exactly. Kelsay is a solid rotational DE. Maybe we should stop blaming him for not being able to play LB and start blaming Edwards for asking him to.

Exactly. Kelsay is a solid rotational DE. Maybe we should stop blaming him for not being able to play LB and start blaming Edwards for asking him to.

exactly. frankly he was a good DE yesterday. not great, but good. dwan was closer to great, but not quite. poz and whitner were very good, and williams was great. i'd say we need another DE/OLB who can bring terror in the pass rush, and at least one more LB to start, two would be nice. i think with those additions we'd have a good D, and i think we can do that in next year's draft/FA. of course we take a franchise qb if one's there, but a stud DE/pass rusher can make a team as well.

I have to agree on Kelsay- I have been ripping this guy for weeks and he was actually very solid yesterday- good pressure- held his edge a number of times - kind of shocking-

He didn't overrun the QB and he held contain well. Somebody watched the films from the week before.

Great, now he can be a real starter earning that 5.5M per that Buffalo just re-signed him to. Guy has 23 sacks in about 125 NFL games.

I agree. I haven't liked him at LB, but he did well at his natural position, more proof that we didnt have the personnel to go to a 3-4. Good game.

Kelsay is a decent backup DE.Sometimes.

We should trade him to the only team with dumber mgmt than ours...the washington Redskins.

He is still not a great DE. I think he averages 3 sacks a season for his career. That horrible for a career DE. If we want to be a top team in the NFL he cannot be on the field much.

PS Agree on Poz and Whitner. I think they both deserve new contracts. Whitner may be let go bc on the money he will want, which he wont be worth. But Poz we really should lock down. If they can resign Kelsay they can resign these two guys.