Thursday's Report...

buckeyemike

Nate Clements is on WKNR radio right now, with the same host who inadvertently insulted London Fletcher the other day.

He says the key to the turnaround was the offense getting in gear, as well as becoming used to Coach Mularkey.

The attitude right now is simply to focus on the Browns, says Nate, and not look past them to the Bengals.

There are also plenty of Cleveland links present on the TBD front page today, so I don't need to repeat those here.

Mike

Nate Clements is on WKNR radio right now, with the same host who inadvertently insulted London Fletcher the other day.

He says the key to the turnaround was the offense getting in gear, as well as becoming used to Coach Mularkey.

The attitude right now is simply to focus on the Browns, says Nate, and not look past them to the Bengals.

There are also plenty of Cleveland links present on the TBD front page today, so I don't need to repeat those here. 

Mike

153998[/snapback]

Thinks I.C. :D

We figured you'd be good for something someday :D

Thanks, Mike.

154013[/snapback]

Since Nate's from Shaker Heights and Ohio State, he's happy to talk to the Cleveland media.

London is too, as long as he doesn't get insulted by moronic WKNR hosts (which is actually redundant...you gotta live here to understand).

Mike

Since Nate's from Shaker Heights and Ohio State, he's happy to talk to the Cleveland media. 

London is too, as long as he doesn't get insulted by moronic WKNR hosts (which is actually redundant...you gotta live here to understand).

Mike

154018[/snapback]

I got an idea of the Buckeye State's idea of "the media" this summer when I vacationed at Kelley's Island (right around the time of the "outbreak" at Put-in-Bay). Got to see the Toledo newscasts. My gosh what a group. Damn weather guy spends half the forecast braggin' on his "Triple X Doppler 2000 3-D with karate chop action." 'Here you can see the view of the storm from the NNE, and if I click here, you can see the storm from the SSE." Interesting channel-surfing to see what the "top story" was on the three stations...

I got an idea of the Buckeye State's idea of "the media" this summer when I vacationed at Kelley's Island (right around the time of the "outbreak" at Put-in-Bay).  Got to see the Toledo newscasts.  My gosh what a group.  Damn weather guy spends half the forecast braggin' on his "Triple X Doppler 2000 3-D with karate chop action."  'Here you can see the view of the storm from the NNE, and if I click here, you can see the storm from the SSE."  Interesting channel-surfing to see what the "top story" was on the three stations...

154028[/snapback]

Now you see what I put up with on a daily basis. :D

Mike

Mike

153998[/snapback]

What did he say about London?

I got an idea of the Buckeye State's idea of "the media" this summer when I vacationed at Kelley's Island (right around the time of the "outbreak" at Put-in-Bay).  Got to see the Toledo newscasts.  My gosh what a group.  Damn weather guy spends half the forecast braggin' on his "Triple X Doppler 2000 3-D with karate chop action."  'Here you can see the view of the storm from the NNE, and if I click here, you can see the storm from the SSE."  Interesting channel-surfing to see what the "top story" was on the three stations...

154028[/snapback]

That's nuthin...our local Cincy NBC affiliate brags about "The Power of Five" - they take feed from the five closest government weather radars - it looks like the spotlights at a Hollywood extravaganza.

If I owned a station, the first thing I would do is fire the weathermen and weatherchickees, and start a promotion along the lines of "no blather. No "Woosh Woosh Woosh NeeNeeNeeNeeNee alert the sky is falling crap - just the facts you Need To Know. Weather Jerks get six-figure $$$ for repeating info that the Feds give you 24/7.

I'd take the money and hire a catering service to come in and hand out free doughnuts and coffee for everybody. That would also help attendance. I learned long ago that free food can get the most miserable bum out of bed and on the job.

That's nuthin...our local Cincy NBC affiliate brags about "The Power of Five" - they take feed from the five closest government weather radars - it looks like the spotlights at a Hollywood extravaganza.

If I owned a station, the first thing I would do is fire the weathermen and weatherchickees, and start a promotion along the lines of "no blather. No "Woosh Woosh Woosh NeeNeeNeeNeeNee alert the sky is falling crap - just the facts you Need To Know. Weather Jerks get six-figure $$$ for repeating info that  the Feds give you 24/7.

I'd take the money and hire a catering service to come in and hand out free doughnuts and coffee for everybody. That would also help attendance. I learned long ago that free food can get the most miserable bum out of bed and on the job.

154115[/snapback]

That's what the weather guy in Toledo was doing. Counted them as they "showed up." "1...2...3...4...5...Happpppy Thaaaaaanksgiving from W......"

Guest Dimebag Darrell

might i just add that NOTHING good has come out of the croth of this country some call Ohio. Yeah, its a great football state, supposedly, Id say Florida, Texas and California are all ahead of it now.

Cleveland is just as boring and and crappy as Buffalo

Cincy is quite possibly the WORST city in the whole country. If youve ever been there you cant disagree, and if you havent, dont bother.

For a good look at what most of Ohio is like go rent the movie Gummo, its a psuedo-documentary on a real town. Youll see, lots of Chair-Wrestling and retard-humping.

and to further prove my point, one of the greatest metal guitarists ever was gunned down in a dirt-hole club in Columbus lastnight

What did he say about London?

154053[/snapback]

The radio guy got one of London's records wrong and London seemed pretty irritated the rest of the interview.

It had to do with London's season record for tackles. The host blamed it on the media guide. Nothing major. It was more funny than anything else.

Mike