DraftTek Player Update 11/11

Astrobot

11/11 - 2011 Big Board Revision

The Big Board has grown to 300 prospects and one thing has become abundantly clear - without the underclassmen, this would be one weak draft class!

Catapulting into the 1st round this week is Illinois' big RB Mikel LeShoure, who moved up 30 spots to a Top 20 billet. Texas A&M LB Von Miller also moved back into the 1st round with an inspired performance against OU. And "Big Ugly Extraordinare" Gabe Carimi, a pre-season draft darling from Wisconsin, has eased back into 1st round consideration.

Some shakers and movers in the 2nd round include DT Sione Fua and his non-stop motor from Stanford (41 spots), Clemson safety DeAndre McDaniel (32 spots), "T.O. Wannabee" (right down to his #81 jersey) WR Justin Blackmon from Okie State (51 spots), LSU DT Drake Nevis (31 spots), Florida CB Janoris Jenkins (81 spots) and TCU LB Tank Carder fresh off a 40 point spanking of #5 Utah (69 spots).

The largest freefall was experienced by Arizona QB Nick Foles, dropping from #58 all the way down to #219 (a 161 spot plunge for the mathematically-challenged).

Finally here are the Top 150 debuts: ILB Chris White of Mississippi State (#125) and speedy WR Randall Cobb of Kentucky (#133).

Edited by Astrobot

Why Foles drop so much, bad games lately?

Even though I'm a big Foles fan, he disappointed me with a pedestrian showing in his last game, with 2 perfect throws to a defender. He then had his right leg rolled on and went out in the following game. His successor Matt Scott is doing well, inferring that the junior Foles may be a system success. DraftTek's Big Board analysts felt the same way, I guess. He doesn't look superhuman anymore. The injury might also make him re-think coming out as a junior. On the other hand, I'm liking Stanzi and McElroy more.

Astrobot,

BTW I've given you praise on your sight before. As a dynasty league Fantasy Football nut, and a fan of a franchise that picks in or around the Top 10 every year, I keep track of the upcoming draft pretty closely and you guys are one of the best, if not the best.

Did you guy consider putting astericks on undergrads?

When looking at your board I'm not sure which Big Nasties would be there if 2011 ends up being a Senior only draft, as players may be drafted in the NHLPA picket lines. Rookies having to carry the signs will have to surfice for rookie hazing next year.

Also what are your and or Drafttek's thought on this thread?

Signing 2011 draft picks Why would an owner pay a player they are going to lock out?

http://74.86.102.230/topic/123078-signing-2011-draft-picks/

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood