77 members have voted

1. 1. Which position should we draft?

• QB
    • DL
    • LB
    • Best player available
    • Other position

Pretty simple...

We are only half way through the season, but there is a lot of discussion about what we should draft in the first round already.

So, what do you think we should go with? I wanted to see a poll vs the random arguments that keep cropping up in other threads. ;)

Edited by Dorkington

I'd still take a QB and I doubt that opinion would change come April.

That said, it really depends on the Bills' draft position. For example, if they win a few games (how DARE they!!) and slip behind the Cowboys & Panthers, maybe the Panthers take the QB that Buddy & Chan wanted, so then they go LB because the next best QB isn't what they're looking for.

We need to revamp our defensive front 7. We need at least 3 LBs and probably 1, 3 - 4 DL.

SO very true. But how many times will we potentially have #1 pick w/ quality pick like Luck there?

If that's the case, can't imagine them not pulling trigger

Best player available at any of about five skill positions starting with qb, ot, de, dt, olb. The best player available will likely be from one of those positions. I think at the moment Luck is in luck as the best available player at a position of need, but that might change.

It takes longer for a QB to impact a game than for an LB or a DL.

If you're going to win championships, you're going to need your best players peaking together to the extent possible.

Get the QB of the future, make some smart free agent pick-ups 2 years later you've got a playoff team.

Pretty simple ...

Take the best player available that's not a RB or DB.

AGREE!!! but a lot of people are thinking Luck is the best thing.. sad though he isnt

I'd still take a QB and I doubt that opinion would change come April.

That said, it really depends on the Bills' draft position. For example, if they win a few games (how DARE they!!) and slip behind the Cowboys & Panthers, maybe the Panthers take the QB that Buddy & Chan wanted, so then they go LB because the next best QB isn't what they're looking for.

Why would the panthers take a QB??? were you alive during the 2010 draft???

Pretty simple...

We are only half way through the season, but there is a lot of discussion about what we should draft in the first round already.

So, what do you think we should go with? I wanted to see a poll vs the random arguments that keep cropping up in other threads. ;)

If you are talking about the Bills number one pick in April, QB of course.

Truthfully, there's too many variables at this point in the season to answer the poll effectively. I do understand why we're having this discussion, however, we really can't discuss this point effectively until the season is over and some other important questions are answered. A few of them would be: a) what's the Bills draft position? b) who has declared for the draft and who is staying in college? c) how has Fitz finished the year? d) how has the Defense finished the year? e) and what FAs have the Bills brought in?.....etc.

But, overall, a good debate, it will just continue until draft day....and probably thereafter given that at least 50% of those on this board will most likely be disappointed with the Bills' draft

Quarterback, plain and simple. Get Mallet or Luck first round. Trade Whitner, whatever pick we get from Seattle, and a fifth and move back up in the late first round and take a LB or T. If you don't take a quarterback first round, no matter what this team will be more frustrating to watch. Get a good line, a defense that won't get injured within the first 8 weeks (tough guys), and have Fitzy or a older QB who will be a free agent, help out the new QB till he gets aquainted with the offense. Falcons took Matt Ryan, playoff team and first in their division. Lions took Stafford, and when he is not injured, they have won every game (I believe). It's not rocket science, teams ralley around a 22 - 23 year old kid if he is a top 5 picked quarterback, and so does the city. If we pick anything else, it will be another non-eye popping draft by the Bills and when the fans don't believe, teams usually closely follow the pattern. Mallet or Luck, and if we get a late round pick take another QB.