Girl solves Wheel of Fortune only 1 letter guessed!

boyst

Story Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=los4ndpEqYs&feature=player_embedded

I just thought this was pretty neat. Could this be fixed? I mean who does that?! Did she look at the entire puzzle and say it could be this or it could be this, if I choose L it will answer the debate. Boom, winner winner chicken dinner.

Edited by jboyst62

I hate that show. I'm real good at solving those puzzles but they never leave the camera shot there long enough to look at it. You get to see fat women spinning a wheel, jumping up and down and clapping a lot though. :rolleyes:

BTW was the clue "People Who Annoy You"?

Edited by Chef Jim

I hate that show. I'm real good at solving those puzzles but they never leave the camera shot there long enough to look at it. You get to see fat women spinning a wheel, jumping up and down and clapping a lot though. :rolleyes:

BTW was the clue "People Who Annoy You"?

Your post should be titled:

S_ _ R GR_P_S

:P

I guessed "I've got a good feeling about THAT" instead of THIS. It was easy.

_'_ _ is either I'll or I've. She guessed "L" to eliminate "I'll"

From there it's not hard. "I've" is usually followed by "got" then a one letter so that's an "a."

Without even trying, you have "I've got a"...bad feeling and good feeling are the likely possible next choices...four letters indicates "bad."

Only dense people would say that's fixed. It was a stupefyingly easy puzzle.

I guessed "I've got a good feeling about THAT" instead of THIS. It was easy.

_'_ _ is either I'll or I've. She guessed "L" to eliminate "I'll"

From there it's not hard. "I've" is usually followed by "got" then a one letter so that's an "a."

Without even trying, you have "I've got a"...bad feeling and good feeling are the likely possible next choices...four letters indicates "bad."

Only dense people would say that's fixed. It was a stupefyingly easy puzzle.

Yup.

Game shows are designed to entertain stupid people, not to challenge intelligent ones.

Because she won a trip to the Caribbean.

No, I mean when picking that first letter, go with something like "T" instead. That was in there 3 times, so she gets more money and then can immediately solve the puzzle. I'm guess that the "L" was just guess to cover her in case she was wrong. That first word was obviously either "I've" or "I'll".

There was a girl that was an RA at my school (20+ years ago!) that was obsessed with getting on game shows. She actually did make it onto "Remote Control". She told me about a questionnaire she filled out for "Wheel of Fortune" and she seemed to think that they looked for contestants that would buy vowels even when they didn't need to. She guessed that it made the game more interesting for home viewers to see more of the puzzle revealed slowly.

I remember a scene in "L.A. Law" where Douglas was on "WoF" and he guessed a puzzle with no letters or something like that, so this is just a case of life imitating art.

I occasionally catch an episode of "Jeopardy!" just to renew my faith that there are still some pretty smart folks out there.

No, I mean when picking that first letter, go with something like "T" instead. That was in there 3 times, so she gets more money and then can immediately solve the puzzle. I'm guess that the "L" was just guess to cover her in case she was wrong. That first word was obviously either "I've" or "I'll".

Unless of course she lands on lose a turn or bankrupt. I think solving that puzzle on national TV with one letter is better than any amount of money.

Unless of course she lands on lose a turn or bankrupt. I think solving that puzzle on national TV with one letter is better than any amount of money.

No, I get why she didn't spin a second time. I must not have explained it clearly. If she's so sure about the solution, while picking the letter on her first and only spin, why didn't she pick a letter that would get her a little more money? If she had picked "T" instead, she walks away with the trip and $2700, instead of just $900. I'll stick with the thought that taking "L" proves to her that the first word isn't "I'll" and that her guess is safe.

No, I get why she didn't spin a second time. I must not have explained it clearly. If she's so sure about the solution, while picking the letter on her first and only spin, why didn't she pick a letter that would get her a little more money? If she had picked "T" instead, she walks away with the trip and $2700, instead of just $900. I'll stick with the thought that taking "L" proves to her that the first word isn't "I'll" and that her guess is safe.

I would think thats clearly the reason. A random "L" (having it in "feeling," but not in -'--) probably gives a lot more structure to the board for her then 2-3 random "T"s