Buffalo to sign RB Quinton Ganther

SKRAAPY

My question is why are we signing this guy? Like this is going to make a difference. If he was any good he'd be playing. Unless he can play on the O-Line or at LB I don't understand it.

May just be that he has more experience and special teams ability to offer than Andre Anderson (who likely wouldn't be here if Bell and Simpson hadn't been swept up).

This is a quality depth and special teams signing.

As Nix has said, this team will be slowly improving. We're getting rid of the bottom rung players, and replacing them with more talented ones.

Sure, the names might not mean anything- and I am not indicating we have Pro Bowl talent now- but I think we are no longer sitting still in terms of personnel. If it's not working, we're moving on.

I like the turnover. That and the much-inspired play of the past 3 weeks has me happy with the direction of the team again.

May just be that he has more experience and special teams ability to offer than Andre Anderson (who likely wouldn't be here if Bell and Simpson hadn't been swept up).

Meanwhile both Bell and Simpson have yet to touch the football this season, despite being on the active roster for the Eagles and Redskins respectively.

PTR

I came up with this opinion by observing that the coach of the Buffalo Bills feels that C.J. Spiller is such a liability, that he is rarely allowed on the field. He doesn't touch the ball, and now we are bringing in another journeyman scrub in a desperate attempt to continue to keep him off the field.

How does this possibly bode well for C.J. Spiller's ability to be an NFL running back?

This has nothing to do with Spiller. This guy is a FULLBACK. Obviously signed for special teams, but please, rant on.

Just some more evidence that C.J. Spiller is not a capable NFL running back. Ouch. This one really stings - I hope hope hope we can turn him into a slot WR so we can get some return on investment.

MPL, err, akm, just please stop. It just doesnt matter what screen name you post under. It's all the same. CRAP.

I came up with this opinion by observing that the coach of the Buffalo Bills feels that C.J. Spiller is such a liability, that he is rarely allowed on the field. He doesn't touch the ball, and now we are bringing in another journeyman scrub in a desperate attempt to continue to keep him off the field.

How does this possibly bode well for C.J. Spiller's ability to be an NFL running back?

Ganther is not there to play running back. He's there to replace Andre Anderson as our 3rd RB because he's a special teams guy. How you could link Quinton Ganther and CJ Spiller is beyond me.