Today is the 40th anniversary

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197011080buf.htm

It was probably my 8th birthday present. We sat 2nd or 3rd row, behind the Bills bench. We actually led 14-13 after an OJ Simpson TD, but Cinci returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD. On their kickoff, OJ ripped up a knee, and we didn't score another point. I remember OJ being carried off right in front of us.

I still have the pennant from that game.

I remember that game. Pretty sure that was the last KO OJ ever returned. There went THAT season..

Thanks for the memory. I think...

Wasn't this the year we ended up signing Preston Ridlehuber (of Heidi Fame) late in the season due to all the injuries?

Edited by Chandler#81

It was probably my 8th birthday present. We sat 2nd or 3rd row, behind the Bills bench. We actually led 14-13 after an OJ Simpson TD, but Cinci returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD. On their kickoff, OJ ripped up a knee, and we didn't score another point. I remember OJ being carried off right in front of us.

Do you still have your first penny?

Ah, the John Rauch years.

Let's make O.J. a wide receiver!

Not only was OJ made into a receiver but he was also turned him into an all-pro decoy. Where does Ralph come up with these idiot coaches? Don't these genius coaches know how stupid they are? :rolleyes:

Not only was OJ made into a receiver but he was also turned him into an all-pro decoy. Where does Ralph come up with these idiot coaches? Don't these genius coaches know how stupid they are? :rolleyes:

John Rauch was the Bill Parcells/Jimmy Johnson of his day... he has a monster record at Oakland, and was supposed to be the big name who would save the bills after Collier and Johnson...

Funny how that works out. John Rauch looked like much less of a genius without the talent he had in Oakland.

I remember that game. Pretty sure that was the last KO OJ ever returned. There went THAT season..

Thanks for the memory. I think...

Wasn't this the year we ended up signing Preston Ridlehuber (of Heidi Fame) late in the season due to all the injuries?

I remember that game and Preston and a bad Bills team

Although our front 7 was still better than the garbage we have today. :lol:

You inspired me to look around - I found it! Nov 1st 1992 my very first Bills game. I swore I went before this, though. I would have my hair and face painted, it was a blast. Box info. I really wish I could remember more of seeing Thomas when I was younger. That you guys got to see OJ makes me very jealous. My most memorable experience might have been after Jimbo throws an INT and than tackles the guy breaking his leg. I think it was against Atlanta? Oh, and at that game, the PLUCK the Falcons signs in black and white and a sharpie used creatively to improve it!

Edited by jboyst62

John Rauch was the Bill Parcells/Jimmy Johnson of his day... he has a monster record at Oakland, and was supposed to be the big name who would save the bills after Collier and Johnson...

Funny how that works out. John Rauch looked like much less of a genius without the talent he had in Oakland.

After Rauch was fired he was replaced by Lou Saban who told OJ that the offense was going to revolve around him. In his first year he bulked up the OL and gave the ball to OJ. Sometimes keeping it simple is being smart. Sometimes trying to be too smart is being really dumb.

so it was your fault

Missed that game but had a chance to see earlier games that year at the old Rockile before shipping out for a shakedown cruise on a DE out of Boston. Damm corks in the North Atlantic. It would be another four years before I next had a chance to see the Bills play a game.