The Bears make me resent the Bills

The Big Cat

Face it, it was a blocked extra point that was the difference in today's game. Both teams scored 3 TD's and 3 TD's only.

And that's exactly how the Bears win games. They get pick 6's, Hester takes one to the house, they create turnovers, and they get exceptional play from their special teams. In the 2006--the year they won the NFC--they had AT LEAST four wins that hinged on big, freak plays.

We have had ZERO plays like these this season. We have a single special teams score, we have generated less than 1 turnover a game, and we expect to lineup our inexperienced offense and our talentless defense and go toe to toe, straight up.

What's up with this? Why are we dropping interceptions? How have our special teams suddenly become so un-special?

I've been waiting the last three weeks for something ANYTHING to break, yet it's just not coming.

We pressure the QB, but we can't get the sack (story of Kelsay's life). The quarterback is flushed, yet he still makes the pass for the first down. Fitz can't throw a tipped pass that isn't picked, and you'd swear the ball was greased when it's in our running backs' hands.

And yet the Bears are CONTINUALLY maximizing on mistakes, they're making plays and getting wins in the least conventional ways. Today's game was a perfect snapshot.

They deserve the credit, of course. They have play makers who...make plays. Buffalo does not. I'm thrilled with how our receivers have fared, and I think that Fitzpatrick is a top 10 quarterback right now. I also think that's all we need to be a playoff team.

But so long as we don't have the big nasties shaking things up and opposing our will, we need a savior, we need a singular player to carry the team on his back. I hate the idea of putting all the eggs into finding that guy, and for that reason, I'll take four monsters over a singular franchise player, any day.