Why isn't Spiller used more in the passing game?

If it wasn't for that phantom holding call against Hangartner (in which Hangartner tripped over his linemen's leg), Spiller would have gained 30+ yards on the swing pass from Fitz. We've seen Spiller get some good gains on those types of plays, but they have been too few and far between. I don't get why Gailey doesn't try more screens, swing passes or short dump-offs to Spiller?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

That is easy, he can't block. He is a total liability in the passing game when it comes to blocking, and until he begins to learn it you won't and shouldn't see him out there.

I understand that, he needs to improve in his blocking, but Spiller seems to be doing better in receiving than he does running this year, so why not throw it to him a little more?

Where did the wildcat go to? It's been at least a few games since it was used.

Spiller is a gimmick 10-touch a game player who will never be an NFL running back.

Our best hope to get any value out of the guy is to convert him into some type of Percy Harvin slot receiver.

Also, I love drafting players who, when put on the field, are "liabilities". Groan.

Spiller is a gimmick 10-touch a game player who will never be an NFL running back.

Our best hope to get any value out of the guy is to convert him into some type of Percy Harvin slot receiver.

Also, I love drafting players who, when put on the field, are "liabilities". Groan.

Come on, there are plenty of guys who start slow in the league because their pass blocking is awful