And the big Losers of the 2010 midterm elections is....

Magox

CALIFORNIA

First you elect Barbara "Don't call me ma'am.....call me Senator" Boxer. This lady has never seen a spending bill or tax that she didn't like. She's divisive, unqualified and is a net negative for the country and her state of California. But, she is a huge enviromentalist and for that reason along with her extreme liberal views, she is inbedded in the state of California.

Then you elect Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown who was heavily backed by the Unions of California. Think about that for a second, backed by the Unions. Considering it is the unfunded Pension obligations that are about to bankrupt the state of California that were negotiated by Union bosses and their puppets/liberal politicians, does anyone really think he will take them on and restructure those pensions in a meaningful manner? No, he'll ask for a federal bailout. The state of California missed it big, they could of elected a power house CEO in Whitman, now you guys are !@#$ed... I mean, you were !@#$ed before, but now you are really !@#$ed....

Then Pelosi decides to run for Minority house leader. I mean, wasn't it clear to her that she was a part of the unpopularity of her party during the midterm elections? I'm sure there were many house democrats that were very disappointed with her decision, but you have to understandd she lives in a bubble world insulated and void from reality. Listen, I will give her props for twisting and breaking arms and having her fellow colleagues swallow the proverbial poison pill which in effect retired many democratic politicians, which did result in passing landmark legislation. That was her job and she succeeded. But now that these pieces of legislation have passed, they should be focused on the economy and getting Obama elected. And let me tell ya, she doesn't have the slightest clue in how to bring out the "Animal Spirits" of our Capitalist society, which is exactly what we need to get a good strong recovery in place.

Steny Hoyer would have been a much better choice, he would of helped OBama transition more to the middle, which would of resulted in more bipartisanship, instead Pelosi will be the minority leader of a very very liberal Democratic house. The moderates have been smashed on the Democratic side, and they can thank Obama and Pelosi for that.

I hate to say it, California, you deserve each other... :lol:

Edited by Magox

actually this is just my rambling speculation;

but,

The real losers of California's election results are the people of the other 49 states.

my reason is this, California is going to essentially bankrupt themselves from mismanagement and will most likely be getting some type of federal bailout to clean up the mess that california creates for themselves... If this idea even makes any type of political progress i hope people freak the he11 out and demand to not assist cali. let them lie in the bed they made. like i said, just my speculation that Cali will eventually put themselves in a bad enough position where they will look to the Feds for help. Let's see if Pelosi still leads the house dems or not

just my .02 cents...

CALIFORNIA

First you elect Barbara "Don't call me ma'am.....call me Senator" Boxer. This lady has never seen a spending bill or tax that she didn't like. She's divisive, unqualified and is a net negative for the country and her state of California. But, she is a huge enviromentalist and for that reason along with her extreme liberal views, she is inbedded in the state of California.

Then you elect Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown who was heavily backed by the Unions of California. Think about that for a second, backed by the Unions. Considering it is the unfunded Pension obligations that are about to bankrupt the state of California that were negotiated by Union bosses and their puppets/liberal politicians, does anyone really think he will take them on and restructure those pensions in a meaningful manner? No, he'll ask for a federal bailout. The state of California missed it big, they could of elected a power house CEO in Whitman, now you guys are !@#$ed... I mean, you were !@#$ed before, but now you are really !@#$ed....

Then Pelosi decides to run for Minority house leader. I mean, wasn't it clear to her that she was a part of the unpopularity of her party during the midterm elections? I'm sure there were many house democrats that were very disappointed with her decision, but you have to understandd she lives in a bubble world insulated and void from reality. Listen, I will give her props for twisting and breaking arms and having her fellow colleagues swallow the proverbial poison pill which in effect retired many democratic politicians, which did result in passing landmark legislation. That was her job and she succeeded. But now that these pieces of legislation have passed, they should be focused on the economy and getting Obama elected. And let me tell ya, she doesn't have the slightest clue in how to bring out the "Animal Spirits" of our Capitalist society, which is exactly what we need to get a good strong recovery in place.

Steny Hoyer would have been a much better choice, he would of helped OBama transition more to the middle, which would of resulted in more bipartisanship, instead Pelosi will be the minority leader of a very very liberal Democratic house. The moderates have been smashed on the Democratic side, and they can thank Obama and Pelosi for that.

Sonja Henie would have been a much better choice in my view.

But they've got an answer!

Now a simple majority in that state's legislature will be able to pass the budget - in stead of the previously required two thirds majority.

What a splendid thing. You can bet they're going to beat-feet back to Sacramento ASAP in order to ram down another thing of fiscal beauty that hasn't been seen since way back during the time that the "stimulus" was passed.

We can only hope that when Gov. Moonbeam II flies to DC with his suitcases open for The Congress to fill with cash to bail out his sorry-azzed State, that the Republicans will hold firm and tell him to go packing the empty suitcases back to the left coast - and don't bother coming back.

My sentiments exactly.

And furthermore...

The worst-case scenario is that majority Democrats will create billions of dollars in new, unfunded future financial obligations, as they did when teaming with Gov. Gray Davis to nearly double unemployment benefits in 2001. They may also try to use Proposition 25's vague language to approve higher taxes that were supposed to still be subject to the two-thirds approval requirement.

The best-case scenario is that Democrats – starting with Gov.-elect Jerry Brown – realize that the budget is now entirely their responsibility, and that voter wrath will focus on them if future spending plans only add to California's chaos.
BY the san diego

Sounds like a win-win situation to me. I feel for the good people of California. There are many, but sadly not enough yet to make a real difference.

This is very likely the last straw for me in this state. One of Jerry Brown's first orders of business will be to get rid of Proposition 13 as a way to fund the pensions (which annually caps your property taxes). And that'll be it for many of us. I'm not too far from Arizona, and can run my company from there. I have enough equity in the house where even selling on the cheap would be a good net for us. The problem is actually selling the house in this market.

I love where we live; restaurants, schools, cultural arty crap, community, etc. We worked very hard to specifically live where we live. But the entitlement mindset of this state is too much, so we're carefully looking at our options. And we're not alone. Many of our small business-owning friends are doing the same thing. Regardless, this state is about to slide deeper into a hole than any liberal could possibly hope for. But they got what they wanted; unfunded pensions for as far as the eye can see and one big sanctuary for the illegals. There are enough rich liberal folks here happy to fund it, but as the quote suggests, at some point you run out of other people's money.

CALIFORNIA

Should we not have elections then?

This is very likely the last straw for me in this state. One of Jerry Brown's first orders of business will be to get rid of Proposition 13 as a way to fund the pensions (which annually caps your property taxes). And that'll be it for many of us. I'm not too far from Arizona, and can run my company from there. I have enough equity in the house where even selling on the cheap would be a good net for us. The problem is actually selling the house in this market.

I love where we live; restaurants, schools, cultural arty crap, community, etc. We worked very hard to specifically live where we live. But the entitlement mindset of this state is too much, so we're carefully looking at our options. And we're not alone. Many of our small business-owning friends are doing the same thing. Regardless, this state is about to slide deeper into a hole than any liberal could possibly hope for. But they got what they wanted; unfunded pensions for as far as the eye can see and one big sanctuary for the illegals. There are enough rich liberal folks here happy to fund it, but as the quote suggests, at some point you run out of other people's money.

Change CA for NJ, and I could have written that. My town's leaders were jumping for joy that taxes only went up by 6% this year, while last week saw a spike in the number of homes going on the market. In November? I'm too afraid to be the last idiot out who has to turn the lights off.

CALIFORNIA

Agree with you on Steny Hoyer over Pelosi. Do not agree with you on Brown or Boxer. Whitman and Fiorina would have been HORRIBLE!!!

Agree with you on Steny Hoyer over Pelosi. Do not agree with you on Brown or Boxer. Whitman and Fiorina would have been HORRIBLE!!!

Give me specifics in how Whitman would of been more "horrible" than Brown as governor for the state of California.

My biggest deal with them is that they in no way proven that they could create jobs. Hell both either laid off workers or sent jobs overseas.

The only problem is government does NOT create jobs. they can create a more business friendly atmosphere which will allow the private sector to expand and create jobs, but the government does not create jobs

The only problem is government does NOT create jobs. they can create a more business friendly atmosphere which will allow the private sector to expand and create jobs, but the government does not create jobs

Fair enough, then I do believe that with their track record they wouldn't create the best atmosphere for job creation.

My biggest deal with them is that they in no way proven that they could create jobs. Hell both either laid off workers or sent jobs overseas.

They were CEO's of two of the largest technological companies of the world. To remain competitive you ship jobs overseas, that is how it works, that is how just about every major corporation conducts itself. This "shipping jobs overseas" is a talking point meant to dissuade the ones who dont understand business.

In regards to laying off workers, that is how companies remain profitable.

Are you telling me that Jerry Brown and Barbara Boxer are more capable and qualified to stimulate the private sector than Fiorina and Whitman? Is that what you are saying? If so :w00t:

So you think business is more likely to prosper when hampered by overly tight regulation and punitive tax rates?

No and no. However I do believe that there needs to be some regulation. I don't believe in letting industry just go on and not be checked or have rules to follow.

They were CEO's of two of the largest technological companies of the world. To remain competitive you ship jobs overseas, that is how it works, that is how just about every major corporation conducts itself. This "shipping jobs overseas" is a talking point meant to dissuade the ones who dont understand business.

In regards to laying off workers, that is how companies remain profitable.

Are you telling me that Jerry Brown and Barbara Boxer are more capable and qualified to stimulate the private sector than Fiorina and Whitman? Is that what you are saying? If so :w00t:

They shipped jobs overseas to get the companies costs down, understood. However, at the same time they could have done other things to hire Americans instead of Indians or the Chinese. Companies also stay profitable by leadership making the right decisions. Maybe not receiving a $21 million dollar deal upon being asked to step down by their board. Hello being fired shouldn't mean you walk with a s$#%t load of money. What about Whitman who would simply want to get rid of 40,000 jobs? It's easy to just cut and move on instead of making better decisions up front.

I think it's sad when a company is on the downward slope or not doing that well the first thing that happens is they get rid of the people making the least amount of money. Like I said before get rid of some of the ridiculous bonuses or chop some of the salaries for the execs. Although, I guess you have to spend money to keep the "top" talent.

They shipped jobs overseas to get the companies costs down, understood. However, at the same time they could have done other things to hire Americans instead of Indians or the Chinese. Companies also stay profitable by leadership making the right decisions. Maybe not receiving a $21 million dollar deal upon being asked to step down by their board. Hello being fired shouldn't mean you walk with a s$#%t load of money. What about Whitman who would simply want to get rid of 40,000 jobs? It's easy to just cut and move on instead of making better decisions up front.

I think it's sad when a company is on the downward slope or not doing that well the first thing that happens is they get rid of the people making the least amount of money. Like I said before get rid of some of the ridiculous bonuses or chop some of the salaries for the execs. Although, I guess you have to spend money to keep the "top" talent.

No no no, once again you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how things work. You say they were hiring "indians and chinese" ok. So why did they do this? Was it to keep costs down? Also, who did they work for, the U.S or the company they were representing?

Their responsibility was for the company to remain more profitable. Now they would of been working for the state of California and the U.S government, which means now their focus would be for their new employers which would be the people they represent. That argument that you are making is an intellectually dishonest argument to make.

In regards to Bonuses, that is how all these major corporations work. So this bonus argument is a non realistic populist argument to make. If you have a problem with her taking a bonus after she left, then you have a problem with the entire corporate structure.

In regards to Whitman making cuts, she was tremendously successful as CEO of EBAY. All successful corporations make cuts if the market dictates that it needs to be done. As a matter of fact, it is a good thing that she is able to make cuts, California needs it and they need some serious cutting, and no way no how does Boxer or Brown have the guts to take on the Unions in order to do it. How can they? They are beholden to the unions, they got them elected.

But once again, I ask you, do you really believe that Boxer and Brown are more qualified to help stimulate the private sector over Fiorina and Brown? And if so, give me specifics in what they would do to achieve this.

Edited by Magox