Remember To Set Your Clocks Back

millbank

Remember to set your clocks back one hour before bed on Saturday night as Standard Time returns. Daylight savings time will return second Sunday in March 2011. Also go to settings and change your wall settings radio box for time from daylight savings time adjustment. Winter days ahead, nice days of skating , sledding , hockey , Thanksgiving , Christmas season's . :)

Edited by millbank

Remember to set your clocks back one hour before bed on Saturday night as Standard Time returns. Daylight savings time will return second Sunday in March 2011. Also go to settings and change your wall settings radio box for time from daylight savings time adjustment. Winter days ahead, nice days of skating , sledding , hockey , Thanksgiving , Christmas season's . :)

Can we wait until part way through the Bills game, just in case? :unsure:

Except for here in the wonderful state of Arizona where we don't do Daylight Savings Time...

Same in many parts of Indiana. Usually it is the areas that are on the zone line.

I know the farmers hate DST... But why don't they just keep it on... What is wrong with going to work in the morning when it is still dark... The "bombs" won't fall on you. ;)

Same in many parts of Indiana. Usually it is the areas that are on the zone line.

I know the farmers hate DST... But why don't they just keep it on... What is wrong with going to work in the morning when it is still dark... The "bombs" won't fall on you. ;)

I always heard it was so the little kiddies wouldn't get run over in the dark by the mean commuters on their way to work.

I'd prefer that DST were in place throughout the year. Standard time sucks. It's dark at 4:30 PM by the time the solstice arrives. Yeuck!

wish I could have turned back clock before they could tie the game...........1@$@#@!:o

:blush: ,torment that is all it is... torment...

In my area various religious groups David Martin Mennonite for instance never do change their clocks , they always on standard time, have noted this in visiting homes during summer months. The time change does seem a pain in the neck....

I always heard it was so the little kiddies wouldn't get run over in the dark by the mean commuters on their way to work.

I'd prefer that DST were in place throughout the year. Standard time sucks. It's dark at 4:30 PM by the time the solstice arrives. Yeuck!

Wasn't it a war time policy in England to conserve energy and then when the boms fell during the blitz. What I am saying... Going to work in the dark... The German bombers are long gone headed back (they don't want to be caught in the light). In the evening, it would enable the workers to get home in the light and take cover... Since the bombers would be coming into air space right after the cover of darkness.

No... Am I wrong on this?

Wasn't it a war time policy in England to conserve energy and then when the boms fell during the blitz. What I am saying... Going to work in the dark... The German bombers are long gone headed back (they don't want to be caught in the light). In the evening, it would enable the workers to get home in the light and take cover... Since the bombers would be coming into air space right after the cover of darkness.

No... Am I wrong on this?

They set the clocks back or forward two hours during WWII in Britain - never made much sense to me, since critical wartime industries were working 24/7, and military operations certainly didn't care (Bomber Command's missions were still dictated by sunset and sunrise, no matter what the clocks said - every military coordinated to a specific standard clock anyway - Tokyo, Moscow, Berlin, London. They didn't care what the civilian clocks were set at). Don't think that's where US DST came from, though, as I have a dim recollection of US DST predating WWII.

Bombing missions were timed to come back during at least partial daylight, btw. Landing a damaged bomber was safer with some light.

They set the clocks back or forward two hours during WWII in Britain - never made much sense to me, since critical wartime industries were working 24/7, and military operations certainly didn't care (Bomber Command's missions were still dictated by sunset and sunrise, no matter what the clocks said - every military coordinated to a specific standard clock anyway - Tokyo, Moscow, Berlin, London. They didn't care what the civilian clocks were set at). Don't think that's where US DST came from, though, as I have a dim recollection of US DST predating WWII.

Bombing missions were timed to come back during at least partial daylight, btw. Landing a damaged bomber was safer with some light.

Thanks!

Of course they didn care what the civ clocks were. Wasn't the main shift, first shift? It would still put the workers going to work in the dark (set to their clocks) and returning in day light. Wouldn't this seem logical to provide "safe cover" for the bulk of the workers? The second shift would be going to work in the light when the first was going home. Seems they would NOT have people "on the move" during evening darkness when the actual bombs started to fall, people were pretty much settled in somewhere.

Then there is the whole thing about getting the evening chores done during light... Then hunkering down for the rest of the night.

I know it is entertainment... But History Channel had an interesting part on "night" throughout history... "Shutting in" in various cultures like the Amish.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Apparently my iPhone has the same issue as the ones in England. A bug in the time change did not change the alarms, so rather than mine going off at 6:30 this morning it went off at 7:30.

Thankfully I had read about the issue in England and I was prepared with a backup plan

Thanks!

Of course they didn care what the civ clocks were. Wasn't the main shift, first shift? It would still put the workers going to work in the dark (set to their clocks) and returning in day light. Wouldn't this seem logical to provide "safe cover" for the bulk of the workers? The second shift would be going to work in the light when the first was going home. Seems they would NOT have people "on the move" during evening darkness when the actual bombs started to fall, people were pretty much settled in somewhere.

Then there is the whole thing about getting the evening chores done during light... Then hunkering down for the rest of the night.

I know it is entertainment... But History Channel had an interesting part on "night" throughout history... "Shutting in" in various cultures like the Amish.

Seems like it would have been easier to just tell everyone to change their shifts by two hours.