Little something to keep an eye on........

JStranger76

This could be a decent upgrade folks. Wrotto from what Gailey has said has very good strength and also a little over a full season of NFL playing time. Hey, at least it could get Howard out of the lineup who I'm not happy with at all. The dude didn't play any better than Green IMO. Yeah, I said that. A little more info on buffalobills.com if ya want it. I still want a RT in the 1st 3 rounds or free agency, but Wrotto may end up a solid backup at least. Keep an eye on him O-line fanatics.........You know who you are!

It sounds like Howard will still be getting time, maybe even a majority of the snaps, at RT. I don't really expect Wrotto to be an upgrade, otherwise he would have been starting over Howard as soon as Green went down. As far as Howard vs. Green, Howard was manhandled against KC but was respectable against Baltimore, pretty much what I would expect out of an undrafted rookie. Showed some potential, but took his lumps as well. He is an improvement over Green if for no other reason than he can still get better, while Green will only decline at his age, but I also think he has played a little better since he has been in the lineup.

It sounds like Howard will still be getting time, maybe even a majority of the snaps, at RT. I don't really expect Wrotto to be an upgrade, otherwise he would have been starting over Howard as soon as Green went down. As far as Howard vs. Green, Howard was manhandled against KC but was respectable against Baltimore, pretty much what I would expect out of an undrafted rookie. Showed some potential, but took his lumps as well. He is an improvement over Green if for no other reason than he can still get better, while Green will only decline at his age, but I also think he has played a little better since he has been in the lineup.

That might be unfair to Wrotto, he didn't have the luxury of being with the Bills since TC. Exactly one month ago he was called up from the PS. I think Howard subbing Green was more of natural procesion than being the right man for the job. I still like Howard, though, but for a back-up role inside.

This could be a decent upgrade folks. Wrotto from what Gailey has said has very good strength and also a little over a full season of NFL playing time. Hey, at least it could get Howard out of the lineup who I'm not happy with at all. The dude didn't play any better than Green IMO. Yeah, I said that. A little more info on buffalobills.com if ya want it. I still want a RT in the 1st 3 rounds or free agency, but Wrotto may end up a solid backup at least. Keep an eye on him O-line fanatics.........You know who you are!

I want ua to draft an OT in the first 3 round AND to find some help in free agency.

The KC game made it obvious again that both tackles are below average. We could not bounce any runs outside, their ends and LBs pushed everything into the middle. Don't want to hear how good KC is, they are average and our OTs are below that.

I want ua to draft an OT in the first 3 round AND to find some help in free agency.

Buffalo spent 25M less in 2010 on player salary than 2009. If they don't spend on some quality free agents, this off-season, CBA permitting, there's really no excuse. With so many positions in need of serious upgrades spend less mode and "build through the draft" speak isn't going to cut it anymore. RW wants to get a QB, but if they don't find a way to protect the guy, what good is it?

Buffalo spent 25M less in 2010 on player salary than 2009. If they don't spend on some quality free agents, this off-season, CBA permitting, there's really no excuse. With so many positions in need of serious upgrades spend less mode and "build through the draft" speak isn't going to cut it anymore. RW wants to get a QB, but if they don't find a way to protect the guy, what good is it?

I don't mean to be "that guy" but after the Bal game I posted about still wanting to draft O-line in first few rounds and people said hell no we need a QB and passrusher... I think Merriman is going to be a huge factor. If he is healthy and plays well we need to keep him on this team some how that will allow us to drafta real LT and maybe a QB in second or visa versa.

There is nothing wrong with D. Bell where he is at......posters can keep saying that hoping to convince others but the tape done lie.....we need a RT no doubt.

I thought he had a bad game against KC, especially on run blocking. I would like to have an excellent LT as a opposed to one that there is "nothing wrong with".

I thought he had a bad game against KC, especially on run blocking. I would like to have an excellent LT as a opposed to one that there is "nothing wrong with".

I think he's much better than "nothing wrong with", he's a very athletic kid that is better pass blocker than run blocker, that is why I don't understand when fans say that he should be move to RT when we find the new LT. He's more of a finesse player to me.

Can you upgrade the position? sure, few players are indispensable but having Bell makes it easier for Nix and Gailey to upgrade other more pressing needs. If you have a shot at Jake Long or Ryan Clady, go for it, but if you're not sure the guy you're getting is not better than Bell (at LT) I don't see how that would be a smart decision.

There are several prospects OTs in this draft but none scream "Franchise LT", I think we will target a RT if Wrotto or Wang show they can't play. If thay show they can play, regardless of where they taken, one problem less to solve.

I think he's much better than "nothing wrong with", he's a very athletic kid that is better pass blocker than run blocker, that is why I don't understand when fans say that he should be move to RT when we find the new LT. He's more of a finesse player to me.

Can you upgrade the position? sure, few players are indispensable but having Bell makes it easier for Nix and Gailey to upgrade other more pressing needs. If you have a shot at Jake Long or Ryan Clady, go for it, but if you're not sure the guy you're getting is not better than Bell (at LT) I don't see how that would be a smart decision.

There are several prospects OTs in this draft but none scream "Franchise LT", I think we will target a RT if Wrotto or Wang show they can't play. If thay show they can play, regardless of where they taken, one problem less to solve.

I agree, relatively Bell has been excellent this season. Our OL needs go RT, RT, RT, C, Lt. He leaves somthing to be desired as a run blocker but his pass protection is adequate. If the rest of our line was upgraded, we could afford to give him a chip and/or double team once in a while which would be nice. I am hoping we get 2 new starts at C/G and RT this draft. Carimi rd2, and the top interior prospect in rd3. There should be lots to choose from.

It's just another lateral move of the never ending Bills saga called "What 3rd String Caliber Stiff Do We Start at RT This Week"??

But I agree 1000%, this organization needs to draft a stud RT in the first 2 rounds next April, if they don't sign a stud RT during UFA period first next March! :doh:

Don't expect Green to make the roster next year. I don't.

At least we're building a second tier of backups by giving them game time experience.

It really depends on if his skills are really declining or just that real nagging knee injury.

I was thinking that, after listening to Chan Gailey talk about how he has been playing when

most players would sit makes me wonder if he is any good when completely healthy.

I would at least bring him back next year and let him compete. If he totally stinks or gets

hurt again then cut him.

It's just another lateral move of the never ending Bills saga called "What 3rd String Caliber Stiff Do We Start at RT This Week"??

But I agree 1000%, this organization needs to draft a stud RT in the first 2 rounds next April, if they don't sign a stud RT during UFA period first next March! :doh:

It's players like Jamon Meredith, Cornell Green, Mansfield Wrotto, Demetrius Bell, and Cordaro Howard that the Bills bring in, hype up, and then we as fans watch play poorly. Teams don't typically find average or better OT's from other teams' practice squads, in the late rounds, or in free agency. Apparently Buffalo thinks it can defy the long odds.

If the Bills are intent on taking the best QB next April, they had better make the investment to protect that guy with OT's who can allow that top pick to have some possibility of success. After all, the great Buddy Nix said last off-season that (paraphrasing) QB's can't make plays when they're on their back.

It's players like Jamon Meredith, Cornell Green, Mansfield Wrotto, Demetrius Bell, and Cordaro Howard that the Bills bring in, hype up, and then we as fans watch play poorly. Teams don't typically find average or better OT's from other teams' practice squads, in the late rounds, or in free agency. Apparently Buffalo thinks it can defy the long odds.

If the Bills are intent on taking the best QB next April, they had better make the investment to protect that guy with OT's who can allow that top pick to have some possibility of success. After all, the great Buddy Nix said last off-season that (paraphrasing) QB's can't make plays when they're on their back.

We should bench Stevie Johnson because he was a 7th rounder? David Nelson and Donald Jones should not see playing time because they were UFDA?

I find your way of thinking shortsighted if you think that you only can find talented players on early rounds. And if Gailey's plan would be to defy odds, he would still be playing Howard until he gets better and we would be still trying to find out if Hardy can play WR in this league.

Very well said. Bell has improved tremendously over last year, and he's still nursing a repaired knee. Howard didn't impress in his stint, and next up is Wrotto who got numerous snaps today. I only focused on his a few times and in those plays (passes), he did his job.

Our overall lack of push/movement from the O-line is hurting the run game tremendously however.

Very well said. Bell has improved tremendously over last year, and he's still nursing a repaired knee. Howard didn't impress in his stint, and next up is Wrotto who got numerous snaps today. I only focused on his a few times and in those plays (passes), he did his job.

Our overall lack of push/movement from the O-line is hurting the run game tremendously however.

I think part of the problem is that we try to run those delay hand-off runs way too much. Gailey should give his OL the chance to push the guy in front of them and let the RB hit a hole fast.