already talkin draft.

ch19079

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=9&c=12&nid=83&pid=3

since we dont have a first rounder (we could still trade for one) ill list some of the "projected" second rounders also.

Pos, Overall Rank, Name, Yr Ht/Wt/40, College

OT, 9 , Alex Barron, SR 6-6/316/- ,Florida State

C, 17, Ben Wilkerson, SR 6-4/300/-, LSU

OT, 21, Winston Justice, SO 6-5.5/292/5.45, USC

OT, 29, Michael Munoz, SR 6-6/315/-, Tennessee

OT, 33, Jammal Brown, SR 6-6/313/-, Oklahoma

OT, 36, Eric Winston, JR 6-7.5/315/-, Miami (Fl)

OT, 41, Daryn Colledge, JR 6-5.5/288/-, Boise State

OG, 42, David Baas, SR 6-5/307/5.35 ,Michigan

OG, 43, Jonathan Clinkscale, SR 6-3/304/-, Wisconsin

OT, 48, Rob Sims, JR 6-4/310/-, Ohio State

OT, 50, C.J. Brooks, SR 6-5/311/- ,Maryland

as you can see i think we shoudl get a OT (if jennings is gone), OG, or C.

FA might change all that, but who knows.

this is just so you might be able to say "ive heard of him"

cus last year i had NO IDEA who evans was.

We need a stud TE

153235[/snapback]

true. would be very nice. but its easier said than done. most TEs are good, but not the shocky, gonzalaz, "the soldier", or the "where the hell did he come from" guy from san diego, type.

How about a CB? We should be prepared for if Vincent cant play again (worst case scenario) or if he moves to FS (best case scenario).

I have no problem picking O-Line though, I just think that CB depth is an issue at this point. Perhaps it can be addressed in free agency with another vet. I actually like the idea of taking a chance on Munoz...I know, I know...he's been hurt, but I think with his pedigree and his dominance at times, he could really be a star in the NFL.

Alex Barron and/or Jammal Brown available to us in the 2nd round? Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! IF that happens, that would be great! I also don't think David Baas will be there when we pick. I would love to see, out of the options listed, CJ Brooks of Maryland end up in Buffalo. I would say Wilkerson were it not for the injury and I'm not sold on Munoz, as he's been nothing like his father to date.

since we dont have a first rounder (we could still trade for one) ill list some of the "projected" second rounders also.

C, 17,  Ben Wilkerson, SR 6-4/300/-, LSU

OT, 29,  Michael Munoz, SR 6-6/315/-, Tennessee

OT, 33,  Jammal Brown, SR 6-6/313/-, Oklahoma

OT, 36,  Eric Winston, JR 6-7.5/315/-, Miami (Fl)

OT, 41,  Daryn Colledge, JR 6-5.5/288/-, Boise State

OG, 42,  David Baas, SR 6-5/307/5.35 ,Michigan

OG, 43,  Jonathan Clinkscale, SR 6-3/304/-, Wisconsin

OT, 48,  Rob Sims, JR 6-4/310/-, Ohio State

OT, 50,  C.J. Brooks, SR 6-5/311/- ,Maryland

153229[/snapback]

i think the only positions you can realistically scratch off the list for our first pick is QB, WR, K, and P........everything else is a possiblity.......

I agree ICE but we ain't gettin one cause there isn't one. I for one hope we resign Jennings so I have been keeping my eye on interior linemen like David Bass, Elton Brown, CJ Brooks, Ben Wilkerson, or even Jason Brown. Anyone of these guys end up in Buffalo, and I'm a happy guy. I'm targeting a true pass rusher in free agency.

I agree ICE but we ain't gettin one cause there isn't one. I for one hope we resign Jennings so I have been keeping my eye on interior linemen like David Bass, Elton Brown, CJ Brooks, Ben Wilkerson, or even Jason Brown. Anyone of these guys end up in Buffalo, and I'm a happy guy. I'm targeting a true pass rusher in free agency.

153504[/snapback]

I've been checking out the interior OL also. I think Baas is okay, but not as good a prospect as CJ Brooks or Elton Brown. I also like Marcus Johnson and Chris Kemoeatu. If we end up with any of these guys, we're better off.

You know R. Rich, after seeing two Mich. games this year and closely watching Bass both times(the 2nd game he played center), he just looks about the same as Tucker, except he moves laterally a bit better. I want a guy who can get a great straight ahead push and Johnson and Kemoeatu centainly fit that bill. But I want the guy to at least be able to pull on occasion as well. How do you think Johnson and Kemoeatu are in that department?

You know R. Rich, after seeing two Mich. games this year and closely watching Bass both times(the 2nd game he played center), he just looks about the same as Tucker, except he moves laterally a bit better. I want a guy who can get a great straight ahead push and Johnson and Kemoeatu centainly fit that bill. But I want the guy to at least be able to pull on occasion as well. How do you think Johnson and Kemoeatu are in that department?

153641[/snapback]

Some think Johnson does better in small areas, yet could project to tackle. Huh??? If he does better in limited space, I want him playing inside, not on the outside where speed rushers will have a field day with him. He's a guy who wouldn't be my first choice, but he's talented enough and, very important for an interior OL in my opinion, MEAN enough to get it done.

Kemoeatu has the meanness thing locked down, that's for sure. Some think he's too mean, as he beat the living daylights out of a player last year and got suspended for it. To go with that toughness, this kid has good technique and has surprisingly good athletic ability for a 6-4, 335lb lineman. I've watched quite a few Utah games this year and I think he was very good this year. Their spread offense used a lot of movement from the interior linemen and Kemoeatu did well in that respect.

C, 17,  Ben Wilkerson, SR 6-4/300/-, LSU

OT, 29,  Michael Munoz, SR 6-6/315/-, Tennessee

OT, 33,  Jammal Brown, SR 6-6/313/-, Oklahoma

OT, 36,  Eric Winston, JR 6-7.5/315/-, Miami (Fl)

OT, 41,  Daryn Colledge, JR 6-5.5/288/-, Boise State

OG, 42,  David Baas, SR 6-5/307/5.35 ,Michigan

OG, 43,  Jonathan Clinkscale, SR 6-3/304/-, Wisconsin

OT, 48,  Rob Sims, JR 6-4/310/-, Ohio State

OT, 50,  C.J. Brooks, SR 6-5/311/- ,Maryland

153229[/snapback]

Anyone worried about lack of depth at linebacker? The starting three are great, but we don't have any young up and comers in the wings.

Not like when we could put Ray Bentley or Damien Covington in there and not miss a beat.

I would love if we got Ben Wilkenson from LSU, he is just a nasty player.

153659[/snapback]

A lot depends on how healthy his knee is. If he can rebound, then he's worth a 2nd round pick. If not and either Vince Carter of Oklahoma or Jason Brown of North Carolina (I like this kid's potential!!) are still on the board, they become the better options.

I think the most immediate need is for a dominant pass rusher, but Buffalo is not going to get one in the second round unless they get lucky. Free agency is probably a better route to get one of those. If not, you can get lucky on day two just as well as you can in rouind two.

The Bills are almost to the point where they should think BPA (Best Player Available). If Jennings looks for greener pastures, left tackle becomes the obvious choice in round two. If not, Buffalo could stand someone who is a stronger run blocker at center than Teague.

Anyone worried about lack of depth at linebacker? The starting three are great, but we don't have any young up and comers in the wings.

Not like when we could put Ray Bentley or Damien Covington in there and not miss a beat.

153666[/snapback]

LB is waaaaaaay down on the priority list if you ask me, but if the "best player available" is a LB i wouldn't be surprised at all to see TD go that way.......

our current group (stamer/crowell/haggen) are all solid special teamers and cheap.......to me, that is all you really want out of backups at the position.......you want more skill, your gonna pay more......it's not like the old days with no salary cap.........

i would rather see a OL/DL/S/CB/RB before another LB.......i don't see our LB starters leaving this off-season anyway, it's a great group.......

153666[/snapback]

Here's two guys to watch, one for each:

ILB: Robert McCune, Louisville

DPR4444 mentioned him as a sleeper. Actually, he may be one of those guys whose stock rises depending on how his workouts go. I watched tape of Louisville vs Tulane and he looked pretty good in that game. He's old for a rookie (he'll be 25 or 26, I believe) and has served in the National Guard over in Kuwait. I'd consider him if he's still around after the 2nd round. That's a huge if, though.

OLB: Rian Wallace, Temple

I watched Temple against Boston College and was impressed with Wallace. He does need help with his pass coverage skills, but besides that, he's good to go. The guy is very fast and very tough. He could be a good depth pick, if available.