Joe Ferguson

He was a tough QB and threw a nice ball, but had a horrible team to play with. If he played today, he would take a team to the SB.

Hmmmm?? Not so sure about that. My memory of him was that he didn't have quarterback amnesia. If he threw an interception or made a bad play, it would throw him into a funk that he couldn't seem to shake. He was more of a solid journeyman than a SB QB...but a great guy. It was so long ago though, perhaps I'm wrong. I was just a kid back then.

Hmmmm?? Not so sure about that. My memory of him was that he didn't have quarterback amnesia. If he threw an interception or made a bad play, it would throw him into a funk that he couldn't seem to shake. He was more of a solid journeyman than a SB QB...but a great guy. It was so long ago though, perhaps I'm wrong. I was just a kid back then.

No ... I don't think you are wrong, that's how I remember him too.

Great guy .... OK QB ... horrible team.

It will never be known if he took too much responsibility on his own shoulders for the failures of the team therfore crushing his confidance or not ...

He was on a couple of winning teams that were decent but not great, I remember his hanging his head though and thinking no don't do it Joe! You could just sense the quit in the guy. But I wish nothing but the best for the guy and thank him for being as could as he could be.

No question he was a gentleman and a real team player. They had a great Offense with Braxton and OJ and a very good OL. They needed a linebacker. The Bills front office put all their cash into OJ and would not sign one of the big names that were available. Ferguson did have a bad habit of hanging his head after an int. He threw lasers and he was very accurate most of the time. He was a quiet guy and most prople really liked Joe Ferguson.