(OT) So Where IS This Untaxed Paradise ?

Mark VI

I've lived in Florida for almost as long as you've been alive Steve, you're wrong on this one, with regard to Florida overall. I've lived in Tampa, Orlando, Naples, and Clearwater Florida. Plenty of places to live that are cost effective. Along with earning a good living. At 25 you sure know alot about Florida, living here for all of a couple years.

153349[/snapback]

I don't need to lay in a pile of sh-- for more than a few minutes to know it stinks.

And everyone of my posts does (or should) say WPB in it, bot generalizing Florida.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. New York State is a tax happy hell hole to live.

How much better is it where you live ? Taxes ? Crime ? Housing Costs ? Population ? Good people ? Schools ? Weather ? Economy ? Yada yada yada...

Ejamacate me on this " Paradise " you folks live in. I may move in a few years and would like to know where Paradise is located ?

153203[/snapback]

T-Bone says "Canada".

Have you been there ?

153405[/snapback]

Passing through. I was very impressed with the lifestyle, scenery, weather and especially, the cost of living. It is slightly more dangerous in terms of crime than it was a few years ago, but where isn't? Plenty of jungle to lose a body in.

...nowhereville is cool...anywhere around Batavia, Route 63..

153352[/snapback]

You stalking me? Yeah, I'm 1/4 mile off 63, what of it? :D

And WRT trucks, that is somewhat of a downside. Got a curve in 63 near the house...occasionally a truck will have to put on its clampers and we'll hear it.

Truck traffic should decrease with the new Canadian Pacific railway arrangment.

I don't need to lay in a pile of sh-- for more than a few minutes to know it stinks.

And everyone of my posts does (or should) say WPB in it, bot generalizing Florida.

153378[/snapback]

Riddle me this batman. Where else in the world can I move where I can get a decent 3 bedroom house in the suberbs for $150k?

Thar she blows.

But I did notice your " bot generalizing Florida"

When you move back to the Buffalo area, within a year you'll be bitchin about it there too. Your "pile of stevestojan" comment is quite funny. You sure have alot of

experience for such a young man. Thanks for sharing it with us.

any of the red states are better.............

153253[/snapback]

Yeah, right. Try Alabama or Mississippi. Low taxes. Lousy schools. Lousy services. Low life expectancy.

Taxes are the price you pay for a civilized society.

This probably ought to be moved to the politics board, so we can ignore it better.

Yeah, right.  Try Alabama or Mississippi.  Low taxes.  Lousy schools.  Lousy services. Low life expectancy.

153419[/snapback]

And Nervous Sheep. :D

:D

Move to WPB sometime, pay $2200 a month for rent. When you decide you want to switch places, I'll send you a check every week for the 3% sales tax difference for all of your groceries.

153237[/snapback]

Where are you living that you pay that much? I lived in Deefield Beach in '99 and got had a 1 BR 840 sq ft apartment for $665. It crept up to about $750 about the time my position was dissolved. I was making less than your friend (took the first job available) and I was doing fine. Things turned around pretty quick and I am able to afford more (probably buy pretty soon). I was never in the dire straits you describe.

My friend had a 2 BR apartment in City Place a few years ago and I don't think it was >$2k.

You must be living large. :D

What did you think of that game? Nothing better than drinking beers outside of PP Park after a Bills' victory.

B)

You sure have alot of

experience for such a young man. Thanks for sharing it with us.

153418[/snapback]

You're the third person to date I will say this to. I sincerly apologize for waiting until 1979 to be conceived. I will really try harder next time. I understand that by being 24, and not <however old you are> my opinion on things cannot be nearly as relevant or even important. Again, I apologize. I'll swim faster next time.

My friend had a 2 BR apartment in City Place a few years ago and I don't think it was >$2k.

153472[/snapback]

Bills game down here was AWESOME. awesome.

As far as your friend living in City Place, I checked it out down there, and you can find such ranging prices its crazy. If you are RIGHT in city place, but not above a bar, you will pay a ton. Above a bar/any place that is noisy, you get a break. Juuuust outside of City place can get VERY bad at times. There are roads that you wouldnt want to be on after dusk. That being said, I love City Place.

Riddle me this batman. Where else in the world can I move where I can get a decent 3 bedroom house in the suberbs for $150k?  If you brought a suitcase full of cash containing $150k and tried to buy a 1bdrm house in WPB, you would get laughed out the door.

But keep bitching. The grass is always greener on the other side. :D

153249[/snapback]

There are alot of places in the US that fit that generality AND have a much better economy than WNY. I'm sure there are some in Florida, as well.

There are alot of places in the US that fit that generality AND have a much better economy than WNY.  I'm sure there are some in Florida, as well.

153515[/snapback]

I'm sure there are too. My entire point is that the fact that sales tax went from 8 to 9.25% isnt the worst thing that could happen. Especially in a place that is so inexpensive to live (as far as housing itself).