If Merriman Shows He Can Still Play LIGHTS OUT this year!

Realistically he won't play that well... and even if he does, I'm not sure if he is worth franchising over looking elsewhere for someone more reliable.

I don't agree with the move (as I've indicated elsewhere), but I certainly hope he plays lights out for us, and then returns and plays lights out for years to come.

I just suspect he won't, and he won't return, and it'll be a waste of time.

In my opinion, having claimed Merriman off waivers means that the Bills will have first dibbs at trying to sign him long term before the season ends, if he can show any signs of playing at all. He is already 10 times better then any OLB we have on our current roster. I am gettin tired of watching Kelsey get burned every week cause he is too slow to play that position. I would much rather cut Kelsey and watch what Merriman can teach Maybin in the next couple of years. Maybin is too young to give up on already and he has that attitude that Merriman had when he first can in the league also. So maybe, just maybe, Merriman is the man for the job to turn Maybin into a pass rushing fool (that would be nice!!).

If he can bring a change in attitude toward the winning side of things it will be worth it . Buddy & Chan are not only trying to change the team as far as bettering the roster they're trying to change the culture from a losing one to a winning one , & if that's a bit of what they get from him coming here then i see it as being worth it !! :thumbsup:

GO BILLS !!!!!

IF he plays well he fills the biggest weakness on a team that took two winning teams to OT on the road in the last two weeks. We probably win some games, pick up some momentum to end the season, in which case there's a good chance he'll want to stay and other FAs would be open to coming here.

Realistically he won't play that well... and even if he does, I'm not sure if he is worth franchising over looking elsewhere for someone more reliable.

I don't agree with the move (as I've indicated elsewhere), but I certainly hope he plays lights out for us, and then returns and plays lights out for years to come.

I just suspect he won't, and he won't return, and it'll be a waste of time.

Maybe his is done physically and will not play well. I am not a doctor, have not inspected his X-Rays and do not know (do you?).

Realistically though:

1. It pays dividends for this team to try to get better. In fact, if this team is merely playing for draft position this year and wants to lose, my sense is that actually by fostering a losing ethic the team will actually need a good three years to recover from that IF it brought in a series of new players who kill and replace this losing attitude.

2. Both the last two games were losses, but there is a difference between losing these games in OT trying to win and if the boys had simply just rolled over and died in the 2nd half without even trying. In and of itself, Merrimen is a low risk/potentially high reward player who I think the Bills help themselves by trying to get better.

3. franchising him? Who knows it depends upon reality. Yeah it might make sense in an extremely limited case but only Kreskin knows.