Public Service Announcement

_BiB_

It's a thing you fill with helium, make toy blimps out of and float them out the window.

153128[/snapback]

I rememeber ( barely ) pulling one down over my nose, making the top grow. Went around and introduced myself as " Dickhead " ( no one disputed it ) at the Purple Moose Saloon in Ocean City, MD, some 20 years back.

I miss my single, Navy days...( sniff :D )

People worry too much, live life, don't be paranoid, that's my motto...

153075[/snapback]

you wont be saying that if they take all your money.

and i would rather them steal my credit card info, i have a low limit. and it would be alot worse if they got my account number, or bank card and Pin #. i would be really screwed.

you wont be saying that if they take all your money.

and i would rather them steal my credit card info, i have a low limit. and it would be alot worse if they got my account number, or bank card and Pin #. i would be really screwed.

153310[/snapback]

Yet another reason why I really urge people to NOT use a debit card... ALWAYS use a credit card (and pay it off monthly). You do NOT have the same protection using a debit card as you do with a credit card (for example, any overdrafts caused by someone emptying your account is YOUR responsibility, etc, etc). You should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use a debit card.

CW

Yet another reason why I really urge people to NOT use a debit card...  ALWAYS use a credit card (and pay it off monthly).  You do NOT have the same protection using a debit card as you do with a credit card (for example, any overdrafts caused by someone emptying your account is YOUR responsibility, etc, etc).  You should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use a debit card.

CW

153331[/snapback]

Are you positive? I thought most banks have now adopted the same policy for debit cards....

Are you positive?  I thought most banks have now adopted the same policy for debit cards....

153373[/snapback]

http://clarkhoward.com/library/tips/debit_cards.html

Those risky debit cards are once again in the news. Recent stories claim that Wal-Mart was recently double billing people who were using debit cards. What happens is the money comes right out of your checking account twice. So, your money is gone until they figure it out and you get your own money back. So what happens in the meantime? If you’ve been double billed and you spend $100, you now have $200 taken out of your account to cover just in case the debit bounces. So the charge could cause you to overdraft from you checking account. Banks have no policy on what happens to you when an error occurs with your master card or visa debit card. It’s up to each individual bank to decide how to handle those bounced check charges.
But with a debit card, once someone makes a mistake, it takes a lot of work to get it resolved. First of all, it’s unlikely that you’ll get any of the money back once it’s been removed from your account. And under Visa and MasterCard guidelines, the bank has no duty to pay you for any of the insufficient funds charges you may incur.
If your card is lost or stolen, thieves have easy access to your money. Also, you have little or no charge back rights to recoup your money if someone steals your account

and so on....

CW

What's a condom?

153126[/snapback]

It's a thing you fill with helium, make toy blimps out of and float them out the window.

153128[/snapback]

you think that's funny? back when i was in 2nd grade at Maple West Elementary, some kid stole a box of condoms from his mother's drawer (she was a hottie too if i remember correctly)...we had no idea how they were used so during lunch, we all blew them up in the cafeteria (wondered why they were all slippery) and waved them around like idiots...got busted by a lunchlady after some kid let his go and it flew around and hit a lunch lady...i think her name was yetta medda...anyhow, i remember the principal telling us that he was going to call all our parents and if we wanted to know about sex, we should have asked them in the first place rather than bringing it into school...afterwards, we discussed amongst ourselves "sex? why would we talk to our parents about sex!" :D

we never got phone calls...or if we did, our parents neglected to talk to us about it