Buffalo

DrDawkinstein

Good one Doc - makes me a bit homesick.

Yep, was thinking the same thing. I was back home for some time during Sept and it was the first time in 10 years that the trip made a small part of me want to move back. I even found I could get a job comparable to the one I have now.

But the thought of Winter starting now, brings me back to my senses. Just cant do Winters there.

Yep, was thinking the same thing. I was back home for some time during Sept and it was the first time in 10 years that the trip made a small part of me want to move back. I even found I could get a job comparable to the one I have now.

But the thought of Winter starting now, brings me back to my senses. Just cant do Winters there.

I must be odd.

I spent last year back in WNY, including all of the winter.

Absolutely

Loved

Every

Minute

Of

It.

The snow, the cold, ... far more easier to tolerate than the insufferable heat and humidty of the SE during the summer.

I can't sleep in on weekends because I have to get up early to do any outside chores so I can be back inside in the A/C before it gets "hot" outside (like 80 degrees at 10 AM is somehow "cool").

I must be odd.

Nah, it's just that everybody's different. I love the heat and can't stand the cold. Some people hate the heat and live for winter. I like women in skirts, others like them in snowpants. Whatever.

Edited by GOBILLS78

I must be odd.

I spent last year back in WNY, including all of the winter.

Absolutely

Loved

Every

Minute

Of

It.

The snow, the cold, ... far more easier to tolerate than the insufferable heat and humidty of the SE during the summer.

I can't sleep in on weekends because I have to get up early to do any outside chores so I can be back inside in the A/C before it gets "hot" outside (like 80 degrees at 10 AM is somehow "cool").

I have to admit that I am torn. I hate the oppresive heat of the south but 4-5 months of winter and wet is also hard to take. When our house sells my wife and I have the chance to move nearly anywhere in the US where there is a decent airport (though Buffalo does not exactly score big in this category). We discussed the idea of moving to Buffalo but I just think about the grey and cold of winter, not to mention the mud of spring, and I have a hard time believing ths is where I want to be.