Lets dig up information on Shawne Merriman

I have been looking up all I can find on Merriman and lets see if we can find more information.

I need to know about injuries,drugs, off field problems,his drop in prodution as a player,why did the Chargers dump a 26 year old player? etc.

Sure fans want him signed by Buffalo but there has to be more to the story.

Maybe somebody can explore the Chargers website and check the message board. What are the fans saying about his release? I checked their board and I can't find much!

Chargers Website

http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Lets get to work....

Edited by Another Point of View

I have been looking up all I can find on Merriman and lets see if we can find more information.

I need to know about injuries,drugs, off field problems,his drop in prodution as a player,why did the Chargers dump a 26 year old player? etc.

Sure fans want him signed by Buffalo but there has to be more to the story.

Maybe somebody can explore the Chargers website and check the message board. What are the fans saying about his release? I checked their board and I can't find much!

Chargers Website

http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Lets get to work....

Google?

While perusing the Chargers message board, I didn't find too much info on Merriman, but I did find something else of greater value:

Charger Girls Halloween costumes!

Coincidentally, this also happens to be my 2000th post. I feel like I have made the most of it.

Edited by Hurricane Ditka

While perusing the Chargers message board, I didn't find too much info on Merriman, but I did find something else of greater value:

Coincidentally, this also happens to be my 2000th post. I feel like I have made the most of it.

I find it strange, the Chargers let a player go and almost nothing on the subject on A Charger Message Board?

This would be like waiving Donte Whitner in Buffalo?

It says that was your 2001st post...and I was all excited for you. :oops:

But way to make the most of your 2001st post!!! And I am digging around to see what your 2000th post really was. Hope to have an update for all soon...please stay at the edge of your seats!! :D

This was pretty interesting from PFT and debunks a lot of bad information:

Many assume that Merriman hasn't been the same since serving a four-game suspension in 2006 for violating the steroids policy. But that's not accurate. He had 8.5 sacks in five games after returning from suspension. In 2007, he racked up 12.5 sacks in 15 games.

The problem came in 2008, when Merriman played in only one game with a damaged PCL. Last year, as he fought to come back from the lost season, he had no sacks in 14 games, and a total of four sacks in two of them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/03/merriman-gets-lost-in-moss-shadow/

I find it strange, the Chargers let a player go and almost nothing on the subject on A Charger Message Board?

This would be like waiving Donte Whitner in Buffalo?

This has been a long time coming. The topic of conversation has been burned out among Chargers fans. Shawn still thinks he's a franchise player, but his injuries (and lack of steroids) have brought him down to earth. He lost a bit a speed and strength, and that has turned him into a marginally good player. He also strikes me as a player that wants to play in a big city like New York, Miami, Dallas, etc. He seems to enjoy his own celebrity.

On the Bills, he could likely be a big boost though. At this point he has something to prove. People think he's past his prime and burned out. But I think in the right situation, he could be a good player again. The problem is, does George Edwards know what to do with him? We haven't been running a 3-4, so do we switch back to that formation? I haven't been impressed with what Edwards has shown thus far...

This has been a long time coming. The topic of conversation has been burned out among Chargers fans. Shawn still thinks he's a franchise player, but his injuries (and lack of steroids) have brought him down to earth. He lost a bit a speed and strength, and that has turned him into a marginally good player. He also strikes me as a player that wants to play in a big city like New York, Miami, Dallas, etc. He seems to enjoy his own celebrity.

On the Bills, he could likely be a big boost though. At this point he has something to prove. People think he's past his prime and burned out. But I think in the right situation, he could be a good player again. The problem is, does George Edwards know what to do with him? We haven't been running a 3-4, so do we switch back to that formation? I haven't been impressed with what Edwards has shown thus far...

If he can help at all, I think it would be short term, like this season. And this season is already over.

We haven't been running a 3-4, so do we switch back to that formation?

THAT is a very good point. Bascially asking if Merriman is good enough to change the defense around, which i would say no.

Altho, I think bringing him in could help a little, maybe as a mentor to Moats, Coleman, and possibly Maybin. I have no prob w/ bringin him in, but to change the Def back to 3-4 just for him, no.