Moss waiver claim speculation

Amstel

Interesting comment from Yahoo's Jason Cole regarding Randy Moss:

The real intrigue revolves around Buffalo general manager Buddy Nix, who spent years working for John Butler and was with Butler and San Diego in December 2002 when the Chargers were first among five teams to claim cornerback Deion Sanders. That move kept Sanders from clearing waivers, coming out of retirement and joining the Oakland Raiders on their way to the Super Bowl that season.

“I don’t think Buddy is going to do it, it’s kind of a risk,” one AFC team exec said. “But it would be really interesting if he did.”

I'm not sure what value there is for the Bills in blocking Moss from playing elsewhere, though, nor just what measure of influence the late John Butler has had on Nix's managerial style.

He also speculates that Moss may sit the rest of the season if claimed by the Bills or Panthers, and also notes (as other analysts such as Tim Graham) it makes little sense for Chan Gailey to be interested in him, anyhow.

NOTE - I am not condoning or saying the Bills will get him, But.....

The only reason the Bills should/would make a claim to get him that makes sense is to keep him from the Jets/Dolphins/Pats

At 0-7, why would they care if he remains in the division or not for the remainder of 2010? Claiming him this year has no effect on where he'll land in 2011 and beyond.

I expected to see at least 10 replies like 'then don't expect the Bills front office doing it' replies by now.

I know what you mean, that is literally my least favorite type of reply on TSW.

Don't do it. I dont want him here or even near here. We have a very good recieving corps in my opinion. We have seen them grow right before our eyes and now they are gaining confidence, which is a very hard thing to gain in this league for some players. We can't bring in Moss now, it would kill our guys. Evans, Johnson, Parrish, and Nelson are our future and probably one in next years draft (hopefully Fuller from Texas A&M). So I say stay away...