Jon Stewart unapologetic in promoting a radical muslim...

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/alana-goodman/2010/11/02/jon-stewart-doesn-t-regret-inviting-fatwa-endorsing-singer-rally

http://pajamasmedia.com/ronradosh/2010/11/01/2498/2/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Stevens%27_comments_about_Salman_Rushdie

What does this teach our youth? That Yusuf Islam is a moderate muslim that they should embrace? That it's not only ok, but "sane" to kill someone for writing a book, it's "sane" to stone a women to death for adultery? We know Islam lied when he denied ever saying it, so he's now somehow going to be trusted to the point of putting him up in front of the American youth as the stellar example of a moderate muslim?

Maybe Jon and Yusef can go yuck it up at this event...

http://www.newstime.co.za/WorldNews/Iran_Could_Carry_Out_Stoning_Sentence_Tomorrow/14179/

It had been awhile since our resident bigot started screaming about Islam again....

Yep, Yusef Islam - Cat Stevens....he's the guy America should be afraid about....

Thank you, I almost forgot that today is the liberal's national "accuse everyone of being a racist" day.

Admonish someone who advocates the killing of authors and stoning women = racist

More sanity from the left.

It had been awhile since our resident bigot started screaming about Islam again....

Yep, Yusef Islam - Cat Stevens....he's the guy America should be afraid about....

Perhaps you didn't get the memo?

Nobody is scared of people like you calling them bigots, or homophobe, or whatever other psychobabble inspired name anymore. People like you have used up your quota of name-calling, which means you calling people names is cliched. You'll have to take your names you want to call somewhere else, because we are full up here.

If I called him a bigot, it would matter, because I don't whore that term out every day as a way to silence people I can't beat in an argument.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

So his 20 years of distancing himself from that one statement mean nothing to you?

Oh wait, you just linked me to newsbusters. I have my answer.

Let's say 20 years ago a pastor had said that he advocated the stoning to death of gays or the stoning to death of a gay author who wrote about Jesus in a less than favorable light, and then distanced himself (even lying about saying it when it was caught on tape). Would this be meaningful enough so that he'd be perfectly acceptable to be promoted a Glenn Beck rally?

What world do you live in? It certainly isn't this one.

Perhaps you didn't get the memo?

Nobody is scared of people like you calling them bigots, or homophobe, or whatever other psychobabble inspired name anymore. People like you have used up your quota of name-calling, which means you calling people names is cliched. You'll have to take your names you want to call somewhere else, because we are full up here.

If I called him a bigot, it would matter, because I don't whore that term out every day as a way to silence people I can't beat in an argument.

You might be reaching if OCinBuffalo can only muster 5 short sentences to defend your irrational wingnut fear-of-the-day.

Let's say 20 years ago a pastor had said that he advocated the stoning to death of gays or the stoning to death of a gay author who wrote about Jesus in a less than favorable light, and then distanced himself (even lying about saying it when it was caught on tape). Would this be meaningful enough so that he'd be perfectly acceptable to be promoted a Glenn Beck rally?

I think said pastor would be the hero if a Glenn Beck rally.

And since when is Cat Stevens the equivalent of a Christian pastor?

I think said pastor would be the hero if a Glenn Beck rally.

And since when is Cat Stevens the equivalent of a Christian pastor?

Fox has a car chase on right now...carry on.

You might be reaching if OCinBuffalo can only muster 5 short sentences to defend your irrational wingnut fear-of-the-day.

Re-read my 5 sentences and don't be a turd.

I am not defending his post, but I am defending his right to say it, without being called a bigot. As if real bigotry can be defined by a message board post.

What world do you live in? It certainly isn't this one.

I am no expert in Cat Stevens and I'm sure your newsbuster source is...yet I see he's many times said that those remarks were both made in jest AND that they showed a lack of understanding of his own religion.

Unlike you, I'll freely admit to not knowing jack about Cat Stevens and thus wouldn't think much of this story. But it obviously gets to you because it's a "nothing" story in-line with your maniacal agenda.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/alana-goodman/2010/11/02/jon-stewart-doesn-t-regret-inviting-fatwa-endorsing-singer-rally

http://pajamasmedia.com/ronradosh/2010/11/01/2498/2/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Stevens%27_comments_about_Salman_Rushdie

What does this teach our youth? That Yusuf Islam is a moderate muslim that they should embrace? That it's not only ok, but "sane" to kill someone for writing a book, it's "sane" to stone a women to death for adultery? We know Islam lied when he denied ever saying it, so he's now somehow going to be trusted to the point of putting him up in front of the American youth as the stellar example of a moderate muslim?

Maybe Jon and Yusef can go yuck it up at this event...

http://www.newstime.co.za/WorldNews/Iran_Could_Carry_Out_Stoning_Sentence_Tomorrow/14179/

Other unabashedly pro-terrorist supporters:

Comedy Central (for supporting Dave Chapelle).

The Buffalo Bills (Ahmad Rashid).

The NBA (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar).

Will Smith, Michael Mann, Columbia Pictures (Muhammed Ali).

Minneapolis-St. Paul (Keith Ellison).

Other unabashedly pro-terrorist supporters:

Comedy Central (for supporting Dave Chapelle).

The Buffalo Bills (Ahmad Rashid).

The NBA (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar).

Will Smith, Michael Mann, Columbia Pictures (Muhammed Ali).

Minneapolis-St. Paul (Keith Ellison).

Please link us to their comments about being supportive of killing an author or supporting the stoning of women for adultery.

Yusef did say this:

Immediately following the 11 September 2001, attacks on the United States, he said:

I wish to express my heartfelt horror at the indiscriminate terrorist attacks committed against innocent people of the United States yesterday. While it is still not clear who carried out the attack, it must be stated that no right-thinking follower of Islam could possibly condone such an action. The Qur'an equates the murder of one innocent person with the murder of the whole of humanity. We pray for the families of all those who lost their lives in this unthinkable act of violence as well as all those injured; I hope to reflect the feelings of all Muslims and people around the world whose sympathies go out to the victims of this sorrowful moment

Yusef did say this:

Immediately following the 11 September 2001, attacks on the United States, he said:

I wish to express my heartfelt horror at the indiscriminate terrorist attacks committed against innocent people of the United States yesterday. While it is still not clear who carried out the attack, it must be stated that no right-thinking follower of Islam could possibly condone such an action. The Qur'an equates the murder of one innocent person with the murder of the whole of humanity. We pray for the families of all those who lost their lives in this unthinkable act of violence as well as all those injured; I hope to reflect the feelings of all Muslims and people around the world whose sympathies go out to the victims of this sorrowful moment

What an a-hole! :angry: