Andrew Luck vs The Field

Virgil

Luck vs The Field  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If Luck declares, who should we take 1st overall

In my years on this board, I don't think I've ever seen such a consensus around a player to be drafted by the Bills. Even if you are a Fitz fan, Luck still seems to be the choice if he declares. So with that, I ask this to anyone who DOESN'T want to draft him.

The question, if Luck declares and we have the first pick, what is your alternative decision. I'm not asking to bash. I'm asking to hear about different opinions.

I believe in veteran QBs and solid Defense. I haven't seen enough of Luck's games to really be 100% confident how I feel, but I know that in the few games I have seen I had concerns about his ability to throw deep. I don't want the next Chad Pennington (even a mobile version) any more than I want the next Drew Bledsoe (i.e. Mallett).

I'd rather focus on dominating players for the front 7.

There are two things that tell me there is no way in the world that this kid will be a Bill

Sophomore

and Bills luck

Mallett is the only guy I see on this team - otherwise, hello DT

My question is though, who would you take? Who would be worthy of that pick over Luck?

I believe in veteran QBs and solid Defense. I haven't seen enough of Luck's games to really be 100% confident how I feel, but I know that in the few games I have seen I had concerns about his ability to throw deep. I don't want the next Chad Pennington (even a mobile version) any more than I want the next Drew Bledsoe (i.e. Mallett).

I'd rather focus on dominating players for the front 7.

So your recommendation would be who then?

My question is though, who would you take? Who would be worthy of that pick over Luck?

So your recommendation would be who then?

BPA on dline

If we do take a QB 1st in the draft we had better hope that we pick up some stud O lineman too , if not he needs to set behind Fitz & learn for a year . If we put him in the position of playing behind what we have as an o line i think it would hurt his progress more than help .

That's why it wouldn't really bother me if we fixed both our offense & defensive lines first if need be, Fitz i think might be even better if he had a better line and no matter how good a QB is if you don't have Micheal Vick legs - Dan Marino's quick release or a good O line your toast !!

The last thing we need is to have another QB wind up like the last two draft picks i.e Losman - Edwards !!

But then you never know our future might already be here ??????? Who knows ??????