Canadians do campaign commercials right

Peace

"Monorail", dipshit.

Yeah, so? How is that any different than "high speed rail"? It is a precisely fitting example, all the way down to the people that propose it keep the money, and then skip town as soon as it fails.

Both are huge government boondoggles that will not be used by anyone and will end up creating a budget deficit for whichever government that implements them. Amtrak, while charging progressively higher rates(it used to be $36 from Philly to NY one way, all day. Now the cheapest you can get is $48 at 0 Dark Thirty) has never broke even.

Everywhere public transportation has been proposed as a replacement, and not simply an alternative, to personal car travel, it has failed miserably. Why? Because this is not Europe, trains take too damn long to get places, and we like our friggin cars.

Listen: I have literally poured money into public transportation. Hell I used to drop $72 on Amtrak every single day. I like using the train to get to the airport in most cities, not Chicago, but most cities. My transportation choices would make a Sierra club woman cream her jeans.

But, that doesn't change the fact that most people don't do what I do, therefore they don't want to ride the bus/train to work(unless they are in Pittsburgh), and they want the freedom of simply being able to go shopping after work without hassle.