Reminder : Holiday Mail For Heroes program

Just Jack

http://redcrosschat.org/2010/10/26/holiday-mail-for-heroes-2010/

Holiday Mail For Heroes is back for a fourth year! The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes will collect holiday cards from regular citizens all across the country and distribute them to service members, veterans, and their families. Many active service members must spend the holidays apart from their family. Give back this holiday season by sending a card to thank those who have given a great deal to their country.

All cards must be postmarked no later than Friday, December 10th.

• 3 weeks later...

I clicked in here because I now see that I had a speck of dirt where the o is in heroes and I thought this was Holiday Mail for Herpes.........It doesn't sound like something I wanted on my Christmas list. :oops:

Now that I'm in here, I've often wondered (never having been in the military) whether this type of thing actually does help morale? Have you served and would something like this kind of make your day?

Now that I'm in here, I've often wondered (never having been in the military) whether this type of thing actually does help morale? Have you served and would something like this kind of make your day?

There must be a lot of variables to this so it is hard to answer. I suppose it depends a lot on the individual receiving the card. In any case it is hard to think of harm coming form the activity.

Wh used to get letters from grade school kids which were awesome because they all thought we were saving the world as well as letters from adults. Anything you do helps some may not be grateful but the vast majority will appreciate it.

Thanks - that is really good to know!

Wh used to get letters from grade school kids which were awesome because they all thought we were saving the world as well as letters from adults. Anything you do helps some may not be grateful but the vast majority will appreciate it.

What do you think about this one - I've got a few letters about it, and I'm more apt to send money for this than to write a letter (I'm better off in the money dept. lately than the time one):

USO Phone Home

Edited by Just Jack
fixed link