Something I learned about campaign commercials

One of my aunts works in advertising billing for a TV station. She was saying that candidates place "bids" for specific commercial slots. Not sure if it's all stations. Way it works is Candidate A calls up and wants to buy a specific commercial slot. Later, Candidate B calls up and wants the same spot and is willing to pay more than Candidate A. So they call back Candidate A and see if they are willing to beat Candidate B's price. Meanwhile, Candidate C calls up for the same spot and is willing to pay more than A and B. Rinse/repeat until one candidate is left with the highest offer, and the others usually take other slots near the original slot they wanted. Her stations sales are up currently about $2 Million versus a non-election year.

and the others usually take other slots near the original slot they wanted

Which explains why you'll see a commercial for Candidate A telling you why Candidate B is so terrible, followed by Candidate B's commercial trashing Candidate A, followed by Special Interest Group's commercial linking Candidate B to something/someone unpopular

One of my aunts works in advertising billing for a TV station. She was saying that candidates place "bids" for specific commercial slots. Not sure if it's all stations. Way it works is Candidate A calls up and wants to buy a specific commercial slot. Later, Candidate B calls up and wants the same spot and is willing to pay more than Candidate A. So they call back Candidate A and see if they are willing to beat Candidate B's price. Meanwhile, Candidate C calls up for the same spot and is willing to pay more than A and B. Rinse/repeat until one candidate is left with the highest offer, and the others usually take other slots near the original slot they wanted. Her stations sales are up currently about $2 Million versus a non-election year.

Hopefully she's getting a nice little bonus check. :thumbsup:

Hopefully she's getting a nice little bonus check. :thumbsup:

Ha! She was asked to work election night, basically, everyone has an assigned town/village to call and get results from. Last time she did it, she was on the phone with the town, with her boss in the background screaming that she wasn't getting the results fast enough. Her reward for working that night? $25. They asked if she could work again this year, she said she couldn't, she already had plans with her daughter and grandson.

Ha! She was asked to work election night, basically, everyone has an assigned town/village to call and get results from. Last time she did it, she was on the phone with the town, with her boss in the background screaming that she wasn't getting the results fast enough. Her reward for working that night? $25. They asked if she could work again this year, she said she couldn't, she already had plans with her daughter and grandson.

:( I take she works on "Main Street" like the most of us working slobs do.

Trickle down my ass!

Do Arcades even still exist? I remember dropping many a quarter at the arcade in my misspent youth, but with the video game systems available today do they even bother making arcade games?

I was at an Embassy Suites in San Diego this weekend, and when we returned from our event Saturday night, we stood waiting for an elevator, which was directly across from the hotel's Business Center. The room was filled with about a dozen teenagers, sharing a half dozen computers, all of them on some social networking site. As a person who spent a dozen years as a traveling road warrior, I have to admit, it was a bizarre sight.

I was at an Embassy Suites in San Diego this weekend, and when we returned from our event Saturday night, we stood waiting for an elevator, which was directly across from the hotel's Business Center. The room was filled with about a dozen teenagers, sharing a half dozen computers, all of them on some social networking site. As a person who spent a dozen years as a traveling road warrior, I have to admit, it was a bizarre sight.

You should have seen me trying to pick up emails in the Caribbean 10 years ago. :wallbash:

You either need to learn how to use a comma or find a different way to express yourself.

Nice! :lol:

No need for a comma here. It (the cum of the rich) sure is trickling down the ass of the poor working slob...

Like a comma would have made a difference to people here...

Again, no need for the comma. The phrase works both ways.