Tea party man wants apology

It'd be a little closer if the move-on guy chocked out a 115 pound Tea party women with two other Move-on guys holding her arms - and then asked for an apology from her- but points for effort Magox. The Amazing thing is the guy thought the women should apologize to him, I'm old fashion, I've never hit a women in my life, but maybe that's how the Tea Party expresses it's position on gender equality.

It'd be a little closer if the move-on guy chocked out a 115 pound Tea party women with two other Move-on guys holding her arms - and then asked for an apology from her- but points for effort Magox. The Amazing thing is the guy thought the women should apologize to him, I'm old fashion, I've never hit a women in my life, but maybe that's how the Tea Party expresses it's position on gender equality.

The point mr. sharpest tool in the shed, is that there are idiots and extremists from all sides of the political spectrum, I could go on to show you more video clips of union members or even other "liberal" friendly groups that have gone on to do deplorable things , but I'm not foolish enough (unlike you) to say "You see, this is proof of how MoveOn activists behave" and lump them all in together. I've been around long enough and been to enough places in my life to know that people are people, some good, some bad, some smart, some stupid, but at the end of the day we are all a similar mix. The only reason why I linked that video and article was to prove my point and you are a perfect example of what John Stewart's message of today was trying to convey, which is that we need to bring it down a notch and that what you just attempted to do fits in that category.

And now I thought we might have a moment, however brief, for some sincerity. If that's okay - I know that there are boundaries for a comedian / pundit / talker guy, and I'm sure that I'll find out tomorrow how I have violated them.

So, uh, what exactly was this? I can't control what people think this was: I can only tell you my intentions.

This was not a rally to ridicule people of faith, or people of activism, or look down our noses at the heartland, or passionate argument, or to suggest that times are not difficult and that we have nothing to fear--they are, and we do.

But we live now in hard times, not end times. And we can have animus, and not be enemies. But unfortunately, one of our main tools in delineating the two broke.

The country's 24-hour, political pundit perpetual panic conflictinator did not cause our problems, but its existence makes solving them that much harder. The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus, illuminating issues heretofore unseen. Or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the dangerous, unexpected flaming ants epidemic. If we amplify everything, we hear nothing.

There are terrorists, and racists, and Stalinists, and theocrats, but those are titles that must be earned! You must have the resume! Not being able to distinguish between real racists and Tea Party-ers, or real bigots and Juan Williams or Rick Sanchez is an insult--not only to those people, but to the racists themselves, who have put in the exhausting effort it takes to hate. Just as the inability to distinguish terrorists from Muslims makes us less safe, not more.

Now if it makes you feel better, then go on with your attempted caricature "but maybe that's how the Tea Party expresses it's position on gender equality", and lump them all in together as you just did.

Edited by Magox

Keep in mind, the tea-bagger said he would have done more, but his "back was bothering" him. A lot of stupid, angry people out there...

The point mr. sharpest tool in the shed, is that there are idiots and extremists from all sides of the political spectrum, I could go on to show you more video clips of union members or even other "liberal" friendly groups that have gone on to do deplorable things , but I'm not foolish enough (unlike you) to say "You see, this is proof of how MoveOn activists behave" and lump them all in together. I've been around long enough and been to enough places in my life to know that people are people, some good, some bad, some smart, some stupid, but at the end of the day we are all a similar mix. The only reason why I linked that video and article was to prove my point and you are a perfect example of what John Stewart's message of today was trying to convey, which is that we need to bring it down a notch and that what you just attempted to do fits in that category.

Now if it makes you feel better, then go on with your attempted caricature "but maybe that's how the Tea Party expresses it's position on gender equality", and lump them all in together as you just did.

Magox, I tend to lurk around this board but I can't help but find myself appreciating your rational approach to the political issues facing America. If only we had a few more people like you and a few less yelper monkeys like OC and Conner, America would actually move forward.

Thanks for your insights.

Great post. In regards to this post... I think it's crazy for this guy to ask for an apology. Did Rand Paul ever make a statement about this incident?

Great post. In regards to this post... I think it's crazy for this guy to ask for an apology. Did Rand Paul ever make a statement about this incident?

“The Rand Paul for Senate campaign is extremely disappointed in, and condemns the actions of a supporter last night outside the KET debate. Whatever the perceived provocation, any level of aggression or violence is deplorable, and will not be tolerated by our campaign. The Paul campaign has disassociated itself from the volunteer who took part in this incident, and once again urges all activists — on both sides — to remember that their political passions should never manifest themselves in physical altercations of any kind.”