Luck vs. Locker

Hey guys, I'm sure you already know this, but Luck is taking on Locker right now (Stanford v. Washington). In chicago, its on the Vs. channel. Stanfords up by 14 and sounds like their offense is clicking, but I just started watching. Should be interesting.

It's not.

Washington needs to find a QB.

There must be a lot of "pro scouts" who had Locker rated as the top QB (if he came out the last draft) who are awfully glad he stayed in school. "Oops, that was close", they are saying tonight.

Mallett is also having himself a big game.

He usually does when he's playing an average to below average opponent. It's the big games when he chokes. Just like Drew.

Locker should have come out after last season. He cost himself a ton of money. Luck doesn't look like any great shakes either.

From what I've read, Locker stayed at Washington because he had the scoop that no one was taking him in round one last April - so I'm not sure how much $$$$ he may have left on the table by going from a 2nd-round pick last in the last draft to a 3rd-round pick this April.

No matter - I couldn't care less about the guy's bank account, I'm just glad I don't have to read all the posts from the guys who were drooling over him then switching sides in a nanosecond, and saying 'worst draft pick ever'! :sick:

If the Bills need to draft a QB early, Mallett's the guy.

Edited by The Senator

Well I think it's time to scratch Locker's name of our list officially, that was awful.

He was never on our list.

He usually does when he's playing an average to below average opponent. It's the big games when he chokes. Just like Drew Luck.

fixed

Talking about the Alabama game?

I thought he was talking about the Stanford-Oregon game earlier this season. B-)

Yep...two years in a row

It's not like he was inefficient and couldn't find receivers. Granted the guy had 3 picks that game, but he also completed a high percentage of his passes and threw for over 300 yards against the number 1 team in the country at the time and a pretty good defense. I'm fine with a guy who gets picked off with the team on his back trying to make plays. It's when the game is on the line and our QB runs out of bounds on 4th down that I have issues with.

He usually does when he's playing an average to below average opponent. It's the big games when he chokes. Just like Drew.

Yep...two years in a row

Whoa buddy, lets not get carried away. Arkansas lost the Alabama game this year 24-20, and both offenses finished with 421 yards total. It's not like they got blown out or couldnt put points on the board.

Alabama was the #1 team, with arguably the best defense in college ball. Mallett was still 25/38 for 357 yards.

The INTs hurt him, but as Bangarang says below, I can deal with picks that come when the QB is trying to carry a team to victory by throwing it around. Kelly was always good for a couple picks a game. It happens. They're not always the QBs fault.

Both Luck and Mallett locked very good yesterday, as they have all season.

Keep hope alive that the best case scenario happens and Luck, Mallett, and Newton all come out this year. All have years of eligibility left, so Locker may end up the "only" QB in the draft.

It's not like he was inefficient and couldn't find receivers. Granted the guy had 3 picks that game, but he also completed a high percentage of his passes and threw for over 300 yards against the number 1 team in the country at the time and a pretty good defense. I'm fine with a guy who gets picked off with the team on his back trying to make plays. It's when the game is on the line and our QB runs out of bounds on 4th down that I have issues with.

+1