What Should I Watch Next?

ajzepp

Well shiit man...I watched the first two episodes a while ago and stopped after that, lol. Now I may need to watch the rest of the first season since you said it gets better. Why do some of these shows suck so bad in the first episode or two?? I rely on them to set my level of interest dammit!

I actually watched the first 2 episodes 2 years ago and...well... hated it. I was told YOU HAVE TO KEEP WATCHING by enough people to give it another chance. Someone told me the first two episodes were on Fox and then it went to showtime, which would explain the sucktitude of the first 2. I am only 2 seasons in. I refuse to watch anything that cant be streamed by Netflix (I own a Roku, greatest $50 I ever spent) and Season 3 is not streaming yet.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually watched the first 2 episodes 2 years ago and...well... hated it. I was told YOU HAVE TO KEEP WATCHING by enough people to give it another chance. Someone told me the first two episodes were on Fox and then it went to showtime, which would explain the sucktitude of the first 2. I am only 2 seasons in. I refuse to watch anything that cant be streamed by Netflix (I own a Roku, greatest $50 I ever spent) and Season 3 is not streaming yet.

Those roku boxes are very cool...and I completely agree about the streaming. I still can't believe we get unlimited streaming with our memberships...the value of that is off the charts. You may have heard me say it before, but that's how I literally saw *every* episode of Lost (in HD, I might add), up until I got caught up with season 6. I love that service!

Roku + Streaming Netflix = Greatest investment you will ever make

:worthy:

Especially since I do the $8.99 month netflix. I don't have a single DVD from them at my house. $9 for all the mythbusters, all the office, all the Showtime shows, and the occasional movie (including king of kong, which I can't recommend enough) and all/most in hd.

Especially since I do the $8.99 month netflix. I don't have a single DVD from them at my house. $9 for all the mythbusters, all the office, all the Showtime shows, and the occasional movie (including king of kong, which I can't recommend enough) and all/most in hd.

It's amazing to me how good the quality is on the streaming now...the HD stuff looks DAMN good!

I have almost 500 movies in my regular queue, and now my streaming/instant queue is over 350...just awesome value

It's amazing to me how good the quality is on the streaming now...the HD stuff looks DAMN good!

I have almost 500 movies in my regular queue, and now my streaming/instant queue is over 350...just awesome value

Is the sound lossless yet? Or even DD 5.1?

I just couldn't get into the show. The first season bored me... :(

The first season finale and the second season were awesome though! Once Spock showed up, it got really, really good. The first season was much like the "monster of the week" episodes of the early X-Files. But unlike the X-Files, those episodes actually factor into the plot of the show, as you come to find out. You just have to trust JJ Abrams, the guy is golden right now...

Is the sound lossless yet? Or even DD 5.1?

To my knowledge it's not, but then again I haven't really paid attention since I haven't had it hooked into my audio rig. I just use it with the regular inputs on my 32" LCD for now. I'll have to check and see if they've got the 5.1 rockin' yet...

My cell phone is just about kaput, so I've been looking around for a new one to pick up. I just found out that the iPhone has a netflix app so I can use it for streaming my queue....unreal! That made the decision easy, so I'll be picking up an iPhone 4 this week. This will be great for when I take breaks at work and want something to watch when I'm in bed at night...can't wait! I just hope the damn thing makes calls, cause I keep hearing people say it's a great gadget, but a lousy phone lol.

My cell phone is just about kaput, so I've been looking around for a new one to pick up. I just found out that the iPhone has a netflix app so I can use it for streaming my queue....unreal! That made the decision easy, so I'll be picking up an iPhone 4 this week. This will be great for when I take breaks at work and want something to watch when I'm in bed at night...can't wait! I just hope the damn thing makes calls, cause I keep hearing people say it's a great gadget, but a lousy phone lol.

Don't make your decision based on that -- all of the major smartphones have that capability.

http://mashable.com/2010/08/07/netflix-android-app/

http://www.betanews.com/article/Windows-Phone-7-Series-has-Netflix-streaming-Xbox-Live-gaming/1268680924

Try 'em all out. If you like the iPhone, great. But don't think that you HAVE to use that one. :)

Don't make your decision based on that -- all of the major smartphones have that capability.

http://mashable.com/2010/08/07/netflix-android-app/

http://www.betanews.com/article/Windows-Phone-7-Series-has-Netflix-streaming-Xbox-Live-gaming/1268680924

Try 'em all out. If you like the iPhone, great. But don't think that you HAVE to use that one. :)

Very cool, thanks. I was looking at that first one, but dont' see it listed on my AT&T upgrade page. Not sure if it's available but I'll check

Well, I checked out the other options at the AT&T store today, and the sales lady actually tried to talk me out of the iPhone 4, but I went with it anyway...lol. This is my first smart phone, and I can tell that technology has passed me by a little here. I am overwhelmed with what this thing is capable of! I'm also shocked at what this phone retails for at full price (i.e. without the upgrade discount)...I am going to order an Otterbox cover for it asap and protect it with my LIFE! That being said, Netflix streaming looks FUGGIN AMAZING on this thing. This retina display is beautiful, and the thing is very fast. I like how it gives me the chance to log onto my home wifi network first, and then if I decline it will just fire up the 3G thing. It connected to my router like a champ and I was streaming Green Street Hooligans II within seconds (just the first movie I saw in my queue...).

Netflix is RIDICULOUS!

Looking at my DVD collection this morning, how about some old school sci-fi? Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica/Galactica 1980. Or comedy? Dinosaurs.

I never missed an episode of Buck Rodgers or old school BSG back in the day....good times!

Twiki rules!! (bee-dee-bee-dee-bee-dee)

Eastbound & Down

Californication

United States of Tara

Rescue Me

30 Rock

Dexter

Louie

How I met you mother, kind of corny but I like it.

How I Met Your Mother is very funny, and is far better than that other CBS comedy, "Two and-a-half Men".

Although they really need to step it up and have Ted meet their mother. I still can not believe that Neil Patrick Harris has not won an Emmy for his performance as Barney Stinson.

Looking at my DVD collection this morning, how about some old school sci-fi? Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica/Galactica 1980. Or comedy? Dinosaurs.

I loved those shows as a kid, but as an adult, once the nostalgia aspect wares off, they are pretty awful. At least as far as the Galactica and Buck Rogers things go. Never saw "Dinosaurs".

Edited by Buftex

My brother's been telling me that I should look for some DVD's for christmas that he can watch with his son over the next few years. Dinosaurs might be a good one. Thanks for reminding me about that show.

I stream netflix to my ipod touch, it works great! Also the PS3 supposedly now streams netflix in 5.1, but I haven't tried it yet myself in the home theater.

I stream netflix to my ipod touch, it works great! Also the PS3 supposedly now streams netflix in 5.1, but I haven't tried it yet myself in the home theater.

I had read some of the consumer feedback on the Netflix app, and a lot of folks were complaining how glitchy it was. So far, it works incredibly well!

Just got my Bills wallpaper and ringtone fired up on the iPhone...pretty cool! :thumbsup: