Going to the Rally to Restore Fear/Sanity

PromoTheRobot

I heard that the rich, twenty-something, hip, slacker, still living off mommy and daddy crowd that attended was almost entirely white. So just to let everybody know, it's ok to officially label them all racists.

I see your point. That crowd (above) deperately wants to wear hoods too... :rolleyes: That dang PC'ness gets in the way nowadays. Some people need symbolism, so they cling stuff like tea bags for "bonding." What is the hip crowd clinging to? Mini Cooper w/ Thule rack and Starbucks latte.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point. That crowd (above) deperately wants to wear hoods too... :rolleyes: That dang PC'ness gets in the way nowadays. Some people need symbolism, so they cling stuff like tea bags for "bonding." What is the hip crowd clinging to? Mini Cooper w/ Thule rack and Starbucks latte.

Some of them had signs with Eric Cantor (who is jewish) wearing a hitler mustache. Wasn't that so nice and civil.

I heard that the rich, twenty-something, hip, slacker, still living off mommy and daddy crowd that attended was almost entirely white. So just to let everybody know, it's ok to officially label them all racists.

And I *SAW* the crowd on TV that was full of people from all ages, genders, and races.

Some of them had signs with Eric Cantor (who is jewish) wearing a hitler mustache. Wasn't that so nice and civil.

lol, "some of them", as if there was more than one

There were some great one liners, but the whole thing was very disjointed and most of the bits seemed more like very poor improve that didn't even fit the theme. They could have done so much more with that stage.

Agree that they could have done a lot. It's hard to have a rally for rationale behavior...most rallies by definition are supposed to leave you all charged up to go do extreme things.

"I am Jon Stewart. Yeah, I've heard 'em all. I got Obama elected and was vital in the launch of MTV's Remote Control. But let me ask: Are you feeling reasonable? Are you willing to acknowledge that opposing points of view arent' evil? Can you have a civil discussion without stomping a head or needing to be tasered? Yeah? Then I ask you, will you now calmly disperese, go to your homes, and kindly and respectfully engage in civil discourse with your enemies? Then go forth and do it!"

FREEDOM!

Really. How do you fire up a base bent on reasonable behavior?

CBS News did an aerial photo analysis and got 215,000. Beck's rally by the same method was 87,000.

PTR

yeah thats cute-no bias there;)...uhh--i think most gave becks rally 200-350k. Look at the photos.

-Altho Stewart's did have very good attendance.

Agree that they could have done a lot. It's hard to have a rally for rationale behavior...most rallies by definition are supposed to leave you all charged up to go do extreme things.

"I am Jon Stewart. Yeah, I've heard 'em all. I got Obama elected and was vital in the launch of MTV's Remote Control. But let me ask: Are you feeling reasonable? Are you willing to acknowledge that opposing points of view arent' evil? Can you have a civil discussion without stomping a head or needing to be tasered? Yeah? Then I ask you, will you now calmly disperese, go to your homes, and kindly and respectfully engage in civil discourse with your enemies? Then go forth and do it!"

FREEDOM!

Really. How do you fire up a base bent on reasonable behavior?

love Jon Stewarts words.

But Im not sure which base you are talking about.

yeah thats cute-no bias there;)...uhh--i think most gave becks rally 200-350k. Look at the photos.

love Jon Stewarts words.

But Im not sure which base you are talking about.

I was talking about the base of people at the rally. The critique from kegtapr was that he should have done more with the rally. My point is that when the idea is to go forth and behave like reasonable adults, you don't light a "go kick their ass" bomb under the attendees because that's not what the rally is about.

Out of curiosity and an attempt at avoiding productivity, I did.

According to this site: It is impossible to compare the two [photos] since they were held in two different locations, taken from two different vantage points.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah we all now how accurate CBS was in that report.

No actually I don't know how that worked out, other than Michelle Bachman saying there were a million people at Beck's rally. CBS hired a company to do a photo study. I assume they did a unbiased job, but if you don't agree with the numbers then I guess you think it is biased.

FYI I just looked at the photos on that site Dan posted. Both look impressive but it's hard to compare because of the reflecting pool in the middle of the Beck rally.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No actually I don't know how that worked out, other than Michelle Bachman saying there were a million people at Beck's rally. CBS hired a company to do a photo study. I assume they did a unbiased job, but if you don't agree with the numbers then I guess you think it is biased.

FYI I just looked at the photos on that site Dan posted. Both look impressive but it's hard to compare because of the reflecting pool in the middle of the Beck rally.

PTR

I was wondering about that looking at the photos. What's up with that? Why would you hold a rally, expecting 100's of thousands of people and make them all stand off to the side and have this big pool in the middle of the stage? I know lots of people do it, not just Beck. I'm just wondering about the rationale behind it.