Going to the Rally to Restore Fear/Sanity

PromoTheRobot

I will be one of the several hundred thousand attending the Stewart/Colbert event in DC. Anyone else going? Also if any of you are DC natives I'd appreciate any parking tips. Right now the plan is to park near the new ballpark and walk the mile and a half to the Mall. I'd like to avoid the Metro since I have a plane to catch.

PTR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks.

I have as much interest in spending time with the Democratic 'tards this weekend as I did with spending time with the Republican 'tards a couple weeks ago

But good luck with that and enjoy yourself

Well the idea is for it not to be a partisan 'tard fest, but we'll see what it's like.

PTR

Bring a jug to pee in.

These "sanity" people made the mistake of having their "non-partisan" event on the same day as the Marine Marathon. The Marines got just about all the porta-potties in town for their event and are guarding them so that these "sanity" people don't steal them.

Half of the people won't be able to find the Mall because they'll be too stoned. :)

Just watched it on TV. It was pretty much what I expected... a satirical take on the news media and how they generate more division and fear than anything else, sprinkled with some music and humor. Of course most people... especially the news channels... won't get it.

I'm sitting at the airport now. Has anyone given a crowd estimate? It was shoulder-to-shoulder and it looked like it went from 3rd st all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. Good thing I tivo'd it because I couldn't hear or see anything.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm sitting at the airport now. Has anyone given a crowd estimate? It was shoulder-to-shoulder and it looked like it went from 3rd st all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. Good thing I tivo'd it because I couldn't hear or see anything.

Initial estimate was 200k. Unless you're Jon Stewart, who estimated ten million.

(Of course he was joking.)

Just watched it on TV. It was pretty much what I expected... a satirical take on the news media and how they generate more division and fear than anything else, sprinkled with some music and humor. Of course most people... especially the news channels... won't get it.

I was disappointed. I didn't think the message was there that they were trying to get across and even the comedy bits were very forced and lacking in humor. The Roots were the highlight, IMO.

I was disappointed. I didn't think the message was there that they were trying to get across and even the comedy bits were very forced and lacking in humor. The Roots were the highlight, IMO.

Some of the jokes I heard on the radio were pretty good.

"Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel isn't hope. Sometimes it's just New Jersey."

It was a good rally I watched it on TV and estimates have the attendance to be 150,000 to 200,000 either way that's pretty good attendance.

CBS News did an aerial photo analysis and got 215,000. Beck's rally by the same method was 87,000.

PTR

Some of the jokes I heard on the radio were pretty good.

"Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel isn't hope. Sometimes it's just New Jersey."

There were some great one liners, but the whole thing was very disjointed and most of the bits seemed more like very poor improve that didn't even fit the theme. They could have done so much more with that stage.