Jon Stewart crushes Obama

You need only hit the comments section of any Huffington Post story that mentions Stewart to see where conner's coming from. Stewart is, far and away, their de facto news source. He's all the news they think they need, wrapped up in a gooey cheese, floating in some sugar-filled marinara sauce, and stuffed into a crusty shell that's ready to eat in 3 minutes.

There's far-leaning idiots on either side. Yes, some people think they're getting news from Stewart's show; despite the fact that its clearly not a news show and Stewart will and has repeatedly stated as such. But, for every person that gets their news from Stewart there's someone (actually I think ratings show it's quite a bit more that a 1:1 ratio) that gets their news from far right, entertainment programs.

Case in point:

Jon Stewart sucks, pure fluff. Doesn't hold a candle to true news guys like Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's far-leaning idiots on either side. Yes, some people think they're getting news from Stewart's show; despite the fact that its clearly not a news show and Stewart will and has repeatedly stated as such. But, for every person that gets their news from Stewart there's someone (actually I think ratings show it's quite a bit more that a 1:1 ratio) that gets their news from far right, entertainment programs.

Case in point:

Not one of the victims I was hoping for :oops:

Crushed? yeah if you are delusional.

Jim Cramer = Crushed

Jon Steward asked some mildly tough questions he could have asked about the wars, continuing violations of the forth Amendment,continuing expansion of executive power, continuing lack of transparency in government and about 10 other issues that many progressives aren't really too happy about with Obama.

Crushed? maybe if the total fawning FOX displays with conservatives is your standard.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/27/AR2010102709035.html

I didn't see it, so maybe it came off better live than it did in writing, but this sounds like Obama got owned on friendly territory by (arguably) his most important ally.

Learn to read you smug mother !@#$er.

And to clarify, the fact that it was on friendly territory from Jon Stewart, who spent most of 2008 trying to see how far down his throat he could get Obama's dick, is what made it seem so harsh. Had he gotten this treatment from the oh so scarry FOX NEWS leprechaun Bill O'Reilly, or the like, I wouldn't have thought much of it.

Learn to read you smug mother !@#$er.

Overreact much boy wonder?

Obama was not "crushed." He wasn't even beaten. He got some middle of the plate heat. On issues he's dealt with a million times.

"Crush" was your characterization. It was a poor choice of words "Smug MFer."

Edited by Peace

I wouldn't characterize it as getting "crushed" but I also wouldn't say that he looked comfortable. Most of the jokes were at Obama's expense and the fact that he did call him "dude" in the context in which it was said ("heckuva job") I think pretty much summed up the interview between BO and JS. Which is a disillusioned base that perceives him as "timid" and a president who gets overly defensive when one questions him regarding pretty much anything.

It definitely wasn't a shining moment for BO.

Overreact much boy wonder?

Obama was not "crushed." He wasn't even beaten. He got some middle of the plate heat. On issues he's dealt with a million times.

"Crush" was your characterization. It was a poor choice of words "Smug MFer."

It may have been a poor choice of words. As I clearly stated, it may not have come off as bad on TV as it did in the article. That still doesn't mean I'm going to tolerate a bunch of haughty bs about being a FOX NEWS clone without expressing my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Rob's House

If you're going on Stewart's show, you're gonna be called "dude." It's why Obama did the show. He needs the "dude" voters to show up on Tuesday.

Just goes to show where "The Greatest Place on Earth" is right now......

Don't draw me into your immature attacks on others. Deal with your petty battles on your own.

See, I told you.

You will be calling him every name in the book sooner or later. Just wait until you explain something that you are intimately familiar with 3 times in a row, and he posts 20 links in response, none of which disprove what you are saying, and some of which prove it. Then we'll see "how you argue", and, "how you think you are always right". :P

But remember, none of us are above this. We are slowly sucking you in. :D It's just a matter of time until you are one of us, and this is all highly amusing to me.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

See, I told you.

You will be calling him every name in the book sooner or later. Just wait until you explain something that you are intimately familiar with 3 times in a row, and he posts 20 links in response, none of which disprove what you are saying, and some of which prove it. Then we'll see "how you argue", and, "how you think you are always right". :P

But remember, none of us are above this. We are slowly sucking you in. :D It's just a matter of time until you are one of us, and this is all highly amusing to me.

You already hate me. I've just tried to turn over a new leaf in the Stewart/reasobnableness vein. It's challenging.

You already hate me. I've just tried to turn over a new leaf in the Stewart/reasobnableness vein. It's challenging.

If I hated you, I wouldn't have taken the time to explain these things to you. I would have just ignored you. There are people I antagonize, justifiably, and because it amuses me, on this board.

You are not one of them.

Peace considers himself a centrist. I find that laughable. OCinBuffalo is batshit insane. Peace seems to be a reasonably sane person, but he's no centrist. He's definitely a partisan to some degree.

Who are you talking to?

Peace considers himself a centrist. I find that laughable. OCinBuffalo is batshit insane. Peace seems to be a reasonably sane person, but he's no centrist. He's definitely a partisan to some degree.

You have no idea what I am. I am not a centrist. And you probably think that OCinBuffalo is a Republican or Tea Partier, and yet he's pro Union.

Edited by Peace

Who are you talking to?

:lol:

You have no idea what I am. I am not a centrist. And you probably think that OCinBuffalo is a Republican or Tea Partier, and yet he's pro Union.

Let's play a guessing Game!

Who has spent:

15+ elections freezing their asses off standing around passing out cards at 7am then hanging out with the unions guys by the fire barrel, coming up with creative ways to terrorize the Republican's campaign and screwing with their signs, getting thrown out of 3 elections for above asshattedness, and then spending the rest of the day/night boozing, because we always win.

- and -

Who has spent:

their time posting on a message board claiming to represent the views of the middle class and unions, when said person has spend 0 meaningful time understanding and working for either and whose "solutions" have only hurt the middle class, and the poor, while we are at it?

Anyway, John Stewart is right, if unoriginal. Few of us spend our lives as strict liberals or conservatives.

Generalizing as such is the domain of the immature. The only thing that matters to me is results. I am not signing up for FAIL, because you are going to call me islamophope, homophobe, bigot, etc. if I don't. That strategy is over. Time to move on.

:lol:

Let's play a guessing Game!

Who has spent:

15+ elections freezing their asses off standing around passing out cards at 7am then hanging out with the unions guys by the fire barrel, coming up with creative ways to terrorize the Republican's campaign and screwing with their signs, getting thrown out of 3 elections for above asshattedness, and then spending the rest of the day/night boozing, because we always win.

- and -

Who has spent:

their time posting on a message board claiming to represent the views of the middle class and unions, when said person has spend 0 meaningful time understanding and working for either and whose "solutions" have only hurt the middle class, and the poor, while we are at it?

Anyway, John Stewart is right, if unoriginal. Few of us spend our lives as strict liberals or conservatives.

Generalizing as such is the domain of the immature. The only thing that matters to me is results. I am not signing up for FAIL, because you are going to call me islamophope, homophobe, bigot, etc. if I don't. That strategy is over. Time to move on.

I knew it. You're a Soros liberal.