Jon Stewart crushes Obama

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/27/AR2010102709035.html

I didn't see it, so maybe it came off better live than it did in writing, but this sounds like Obama got owned on friendly territory by (arguably) his most important ally.

I don't care about any pwnage or not. I'll leave that for you cavemen to "debate".

But either way, it was the most intelligent conversation cable television has seen in 20 years. It was a really great interview.

Dude can't even get his message out in friendly territory these days. No wonder he doesn't have the cajones to book an interview on Fox News

Retards post retarded posts

Edited by conner

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about any pwnage or not. I'll leave that for you cavemen to "debate".

But either way, it was the most intelligent conversation cable television has seen in 20 years. It was a really great interview.

You watched it with your pants off didn't you? :sick:

Because they talked slow and used small words?

You need only hit the comments section of any Huffington Post story that mentions Stewart to see where conner's coming from. Stewart is, far and away, their de facto news source. He's all the news they think they need, wrapped up in a gooey cheese, floating in some sugar-filled marinara sauce, and stuffed into a crusty shell that's ready to eat in 3 minutes.

You need only hit the comments section of any Huffington Post story that mentions Stewart to see where conner's coming from. Stewart is, far and away, their de facto news source. He's all the news they think they need, wrapped up in a gooey cheese, floating in some sugar-filled marinara sauce, and stuffed into a crusty shell that's ready to eat in 3 minutes.

And yet his news commentary is one of the best on TV because it caters to viewers with brains.

If you don't wish more interviews with Obama would be done the way Stewart did his, there may be something wrong with you. Stewart made Obama talk about the issues, including some of the hotter topics. Obama looked presidentially smart in rolling with a few jokes. The interview reminded me of a lighter-hearted version of the best political interviewer I ever saw: Tim Russert. Quick, smart, and not afraid to tread uncomfortable ground.

Edited by Peace

And yet his news commentary is one of the best on TV because it caters to viewers with brains.

Obviously Magox is severely lacking in this department.

LaBillz, you have exaggerated a ton on your assessments of J-Stew. However, I do have more respect for him than any other political commentator on TV. Him and Colbert the only ones who I feel do not lie to me.

Because they talked slow and used small words?

Because Stewart does not use PAC or Think-Tank marketing speak. Obama does, but I think Stewart really was able to make him keep it to a minimum. Edited by conner

If you don't wish more interviews with Obama would be done the way Stewart did his, there may be something wrong with you. Stewart made Obama talk about the issues, including some of the hotter topics. Obama looked presidentially smart in rolling with a few jokes. The interview reminded me of a lighter-hearted version of the best political interviewer I ever saw: Tim Russert. Quick, smart, and not afraid to tread uncomfortable ground.

My commentary was not on the quality of the interview, but rather that some people believe Stewart is the best place to get their news. I would argue, however, that Obama came off as many things, but presidential wasn't one of them. As I heard one commentator say yesterday, it's not good when the interviewer comes off looking larger than the president, and that's precisely what happened.

Obviously Magox is severely lacking in this department.

LaBillz, you have exaggerated a ton on your assessments of J-Stew. However, I do have more respect for him than any other political commentator on TV. Him and Colbert the only ones who I feel do not lie to me.

Because Stewart does not use PAC or Think-Tank marketing speak. Obama does, but I think Stewart really was able to make him keep it to a minimum.

It's a show that's improved on the basic SNL news skit, and you find it to be the best place for political commentary?

You also think Chucky Cheese makes a damn good pizza don't you?

My commentary was not on the quality of the interview, but rather that some people believe Stewart is the best place to get their news. I would argue, however, that Obama came off as many things, but presidential wasn't one of them. As I heard one commentator say yesterday, it's not good when the interviewer comes off looking larger than the president, and that's precisely what happened.

“This is what I think most people would say is as significant a piece of legislation as we've seen in this country's history,” Obama said

What standing there beating his chest telling us how great he is makes him look smaller that Jon Stewart?

Obama came across as bright and able to roll with the punches. I admire that in him. I don't find him a great president but I do like that about him--he's got a media savvy and sense of humor.