Pros and Cons of this season

DUFF

Prior to the first couple games of the season, I was the naive fan that thought if this team could go 6-10 with jauron, and no offense...we could surely go 10-6 with an offensive minded coach like gailey. What i didn't count on was how much the defense would regress, even though many posters warned that defenses take a major step back when switching to a new scheme.

Even though our defense sucked last year we kept scores relatively low. Truthfully if we had our defense from last year and our offense this year we would have been like 12-4 (assuming you take how many points we score per game this year and how many points we allowed last year)...it's no science, but you get the point.

With that said, my expectations changed this year. I am hoping to see some players emerge into valuable assets of this team. We all know the season is pretty much shot, but some good things are starting to come out of this mess.

This topic is being beaten to death- but the o-line and Fitzy are playing well and GREAT. (no one expected this and most suggested we use the #1 and #2 draft picks to remedy this). Although it is yet to be determined...this may not be necessary, at least not with the first 2picks.

Prior to this season, and even early during the season we were almost certain that there was no talent at reciever on this team, and that Lee Evans is overpaid, #2 reciever on any other team, blah, blah, blah. Now Stevie Johnson has emerged as a legit threat, and Lee is scoring TDs again.

I was hoping that someone on defense would emerge as a true pass rushing/run stuffing threat, but this doesn't seem likely.

Very soon Spiller will live up to his hype, and be a great franchise player....bank on it.....i hope :worthy:

So to summarize....maybe we don't need to overhaul the entire roster (although I know some of you will say "there is no talent on this team"), but just pick up a few difference makers on D