PFT On Maybin

H2o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/27/aaron-maybin-calls-benching-most-frustrating-thing-ive-experienced/

Quick note. Maybin's frustrated? :huh: How the heck does he think those subjected to watching his sorry tail play, knowing we passed on Orakpo for him, feel?

edit: Read the comments. Some are pretty funny.

Edited by H2o

My new nickname for Maybinot is "Scratch"

Whomever picked Maybin (likely Jauron) is "Scratch" in my book--- "Scratch being a traditional moniker for SATAN :devil: ! Only Satan himself would do that to the Bills organization.

I was watching ESPN today and they were talking about how Oregon had a small defensive line, but was still very effective. They said that the small DE got over their weakness by using there hands and torso to get the offenselinemen in an awkward position.(they said something like that, but not to sure) They used there speed and quickness to get through offensive line men when they were at their weakest. It looked to me in the few highlights I saw is that they never straight on attacked the oline men. They would try to go the side of the linemen and use there hands and torso to get through him. I think if Maybin wants to play in this league he should follow exactly what they are doing. I dont know how it will transfer to the NFL, but its worth a shot.

The sad thing is that this mess was brought about by someone in the Bills' organization foolishly thinking in absolute terms. That is, according to Orakpo's agent, they knew that the Bills were not going to draft him because of the team's disdain for Texas players after the Mike Williams fiasco.(Not coincidentally, Derrick Dockery, also a UT product, had recently been cut by the Bills leading up to that draft.) Vinnie Cerato, the Redskins personnel guy at the time, echoes the same sentiment. He said that the Redskins wanted Orakpo so bad that they tried to trade up inside the top 10 and couldn't find any takers. Once Orakpo fell out of the top 10, Cerato knew he would be there at 13 because, even though the Bills needed a DE, he knew they wouldn't take Orakpo thanks to their disdain for Texas players.

So the Bills had a front office so inept that they:

1. Completely ruled out talented players based on their bias against a top college program

2. Their bias was so well known around NFL circles, that they couldn't even leverage a potential trade down scenario.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/27/aaron-maybin-calls-benching-most-frustrating-thing-ive-experienced/

Quick note. Maybin's frustrated? :huh: How the heck does he think those subjected to watching his sorry tail play, knowing we passed on Orakpo for him, feel?

edit: Read the comments. Some are pretty funny.

Personally, I think it's sad that people get all worked up over a 22 year old playing a game in the first place. By every single account, Maybin works his ass off. He didn't pick himself. Bust happen a lot but it still is amazing how quick people want to call a young player a bust. Justin Tuck had 1 sack his first 2 years.