Statistical Breakdown

Billmatic

Someone in another thread mentioned Fitzpatricks QB ratings over the last 6 games identifying how he was turning or has turned the corner. Being an Engineer, i thought it would be interesting to trend his QB ratings since his first start in an effort to see if he has turned the corner. Take it for what its worth but i see continual improvement in his time with the Bills but he does tend to have a handful of erratic games. The graph is attached to this thread, i'll let you decided if he has truly turned the corner.

That being said i was happy with how he commanded the offense, do i still think we need a QB of the future? yes. Although i don't think we need to address that in the first round. Bring in someone to learn under Fitz and take care of an attrocious defense.

post-14078-060516000 1288039877_thumb.jpg

Someone in another thread mentioned Fitzpatricks QB ratings over the last 6 games identifying how he was turning or has turned the corner. Being an Engineer, i thought it would be interesting to trend his QB ratings since his first start in an effort to see if he has turned the corner. Take it for what its worth but i see continual improvement in his time with the Bills but he does tend to have a handful of erratic games. The graph is attached to this thread, i'll let you decided if he has truly turned the corner.

That being said i was happy with how he commanded the offense, do i still think we need a QB of the future? yes. Although i don't think we need to address that in the first round. Bring in someone to learn under Fitz and take care of an attrocious defense.

Interesting - a simple graph yet quite indicative of his career thus far. I think for some QBs, the light goes on and they start playing well. Others show a gradual improvement. What I find encouraging is that in his last 6 games, the lowest has been ~ 82 which is pretty good. I think it is too early to tell if he that proverbial bulb has flickered on. One likelihood is that Gailey is designing plays to take advantage of his skills and hence we can expect to see the same range of ratings. If there were weaknesses for opposing teams to take advantage of, the Ravens of all teams would have done that. Him having passed a tough test gives me some hope for the rest of this season. Lets not get our hopes too high and expect the same high performance for every game. If he consistently performs in the 90-100 rating, 250-300 yards, 2-3 TDs and a few tens of yards rushing, I will be quite pleased.