Robert Quinn

Pete

Looking ahead to the draft I think the Bills should strongly consider drafting Robert Quinn who projects to DE/OLB in 3-4 defense. We have many holes, but I think LB is the most glaring need. Quinn is best pass rusher in draft and has lightning speed- something this D is lacking big time. I know QB is the sexy pick- but Fitz is decent IMO and Oline showed me something yesterday. Thoughts?

Quinn was a beast last year, but the suspension this season makes him a question mark. I think he's a good kid who made a bad decision (accepting gifts), but it still scares me. LB Bruce Carter, on the other hand, is as close to a "can't miss" as I've seen on the UNC defense.

Why not get them both. Quinn might drop w/ his off the feild problems? If he drops to 2nd round, I'd be nice to have both of these guys. I agree we can wait on QB. The only way I take a QB w/ the first pick is if Luck declares. If not, I grab him in 2011 when we will we still have a high pick.

Why not get them both. Quinn might drop w/ his off the feild problems? If he drops to 2nd round, I'd be nice to have both of these guys. I agree we can wait on QB. The only way I take a QB w/ the first pick is if Luck declares. If not, I grab him in 2011 when we will we still have a high pick.

I would love to devote this next draft almost entirely to defense. Stack this team with pass rushers and playmakers. Our offense is coming together. With a strong defense this team is a playoff team

I think he would have gotten serious consideration if not for the suspension. Adrian Clayborne should/will also get serious consideration. Maybe another LB or two also. I just haven’t seen a T that’s worth our top 5 pick (I haven’t seen the BC kid so does anyone have input on him?)

Seriously though, without Luck, is there a single player that is “the consensus top guy”??? In years past there has been 1, if not 2 or 3, that were studs. Suh/Calvin Johnson/A. Curry going back just a few years. I haven’t seen anyone who has stood out like that. Without Luck I think this is a bad year to have the top pick.

Obvious this team could benefit the most from trading down and getting a guy like Quinn or Clayborne or a T and a 2nd or 3rd to boot. (that is if Luck doesn’t declare, if he does, he is a lock IMO)

Pass rush is by far in my opinion the biggest need. I wish they would address in FA next year or by trade and the draft. I don't think you can have to many pass rushers. If I was going to build a defense that's the first place I would start. Either LB or DL get people who can get after the QB.