My Official Apology To Stevie J Thread

H2o

I just want to express my apologies to Stevie J, if he reads the board, and the Stevie J backers who were claiming what he is doing right now was possible. I, myself, did not see this coming and thrashed most who claimed he could be a NFL level #2. Steve has put it together on the field this year and already has 5 TD's through 6 games. He has really started to improve and come into his own. My most humble apologies.

Mea Culpa!

I wasn't bagging on him, but I was really wondering what everyone saw in him, that I did not. He made a few catches, early on his career, but just seemed like a wasted roster spot, after that. I was shocked when they kept him over Chad Jackson this past pre-season. He has looked good...

I ragged on him, too, and am certainly very impressed by how he has played the last 3-4 games after the combination of being benched, and Trentative being replaced by Fitz. I'm not sure people need to apologize for being wrong about him. He didn't do anything before, even when he was in the games, and getting a few balls thrown his way. Now he is. He deserves a ton of credit for how he has played lately, especially (obviously) the touchdowns, getting open deep, and excellent RAC. If he keeps it up, we have a very potent 1-2-3-4 punch in Evans, Parrish, Johnson, and David Nelson, with Easley waiting in the wings. I'm very happy right now with the WR. But Steve simply was not producing before, so I don't think he was deserving of any credit.

This thread is funny. it's cool to see some of you guys say you were wrong. I almost feel like we are all on the same team again. Except for maybe the most negative posters. nothing seems to make them happy. I was one of the stevie lovers. he just always looked good in pre-season to me and Im happy he finally is getting his chance and doing something with it. This is how I feel about Brohm too just for the record.

But in the spirit of this thread I must say, Hi my name is Dan and I didn't think Fitz would be anything more than a backup. I was wrong. I hope he continues his awesome play. He's leading this team right now and is actually becoming fun to watch. If only we had a defense.

+1. Props to #13. Showed some Andre Reed work over the middle too.

Except that Johnson twice did the woosie thing at the end of two longer runs after the catch. Absolutely hated how he timidly just stepped out of bounds. Was he winded? Out of shape?

He's no Andre.........not close, not ever, which isn't to say he can't become a decent WR, but he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Andre.

Edited by Spiderweb

How about apologies to Parrish while we're at it? A hell of a lot more people ragged on him over this past year-plus than Stevie. The "useless fumble machine" made the top 5 best catches list two weeks in a row and is suddenly being hailed as exceptional talent again around the league.