Graduation rates for Bowl bound

erynthered

i can't believe boise state and louisville have such low graduation rates. as a student athlete i understand why athletes are typically less likely to graduate from college, but when the football team has a higher grad rate than the regualar student body, it is telling me that the school sucks to be at

i can't believe boise state and louisville have such low graduation rates. as a student athlete i understand why athletes are typically less likely to graduate from college, but when the football team has a higher grad rate than the regualar student body, it is telling me that the school sucks to be at

152190[/snapback]

What?

I think he's saying that as a student athete, he's been deprived of a proper edukashun as well as the finer nuances of the English language

152197[/snapback]

you're right. I am deprived of my edge-a-ma-ka-shin. and football players generally spend more time with their sport than i do as a runner. So they probably shouldn'y be having a higher grad rate than the rest of the student body like one of those two schools does

152190[/snapback]

Those numbers have to be wrong. There is no way in the world that:

Lousville's overall grad rate: 33%

Boise St. overall grad rate: 26%

Thankfully they haven't lost sight of the one thing that's truly important, as so many of the others obviously have.

152216[/snapback]

I don't think they have. That's my biggest beef with the media portrayal of ND right now. Everyone is saying that basically by firing Ty, we don't care about academic excellence anymore. As if the next coach we get is gonna turn us into Miami. To be a ND coach, you have to do TWO jobs:

1.) Maintain the academic excellence of the student athletes.

2.) Win football games.

Ty did #1, he did NOT do #2. It pisses me off that just because we let him go for one of the reasons, it means that both aren't important anymore.

you're right. I am deprived of my edge-a-ma-ka-shin. and football players generally spend more time with their sport than i do as a runner. So they probably shouldn'y be having a higher grad rate than the rest of the student body like one of those two schools does

152208[/snapback]

Interesting caveat you've added here. I also can't help but think the exercise make your brain cells work more efficiently and you MAY learn better coming into a class after an hour long run that the rest of the class....