Great Job By Cordero Howard

BillsPhan

Well I stand happily corrected and humbled. :oops:

I used Cordero Howard as my sarcastic whipping boy last week in another thread, pointing out how endless the list of undrafted free agent offensive linemen the Bills continue to bring in is,

The kid did an amazing job against one of the best defenses in the NFL. No holding penalties. No offsides. And no sacks allowed by him, and perhaps the most impressive stat, he did not suffer any injuries! :thumbsup:

In fact, the entire O-Line played their best overall game together in....who knows how long?

Naturally, they did contribute to the loss in the end however, by Hangartner stupidly throwing his helmet right in front of an official, tacking 15 yards onto the "non-fumble" recovery the Ravens made against Nelson.

But that aside, they played way better then they needed to for the Bills to win this game, if they had even a bad defense, instead of the horrible one they are stuck with!!

I have no idea if Fitzy can duplicate that game once more in his entire career, much less again this season, much less again next week in Kansas City. But if his line continues to block that well for him and his running backs, at least he will have every opportunity to prove to the Bills staff just how good he really can be. :thumbsup:

I used Cordero Howard as my sarcastic whipping boy last week in another thread, pointing out how endless the list of undrafted free agent offensive linemen the Bills continue to bring in is,

The kid did an amazing job against one of the best defenses in the NFL. No holding penalties. No offsides. And no sacks allowed by him, and perhaps the most impressive stat, he did not suffer any injuries! :thumbsup:

In fact, the entire O-Line played their best overall game together in....who knows how long?

Naturally, they did contribute to the loss in the end however, by Hangartner stupidly throwing his helmet right in front of an official, tacking 15 yards onto the "non-fumble" recovery the Ravens made against Nelson.

But that aside, they played way better then they needed to for the Bills to win this game, if they had even a bad defense, instead of the horrible one they are stuck with!!

I have no idea if Fitzy can duplicate that game once more in his entire career, much less again this season, much less again next week in Kansas City. But if his line continues to block that well for him and his running backs, at least he will have every opportunity to prove to the Bills staff just how good he really can be. :thumbsup:

I responded to that thread with something to the effect of let the kid play before we pronounce him dead. I'm still in that frame of mind. He did very well as a rook starting for the first time in the NFL against elite talent. But it's one game. The one thing I keep preaching is play the kids now. They have upside, Cornell Green doesn't! So far so good. Let's see if the kid develops. The one big positive is that after playing our young guys this year, we should know what we have and what we need going into the drat. Kudos to you for manning up with this post.

Edited by Green Lightning

Respect on being a man about it and admitting that you were mistaken. I made a comment to the effect of the offense being "as good as it is going to get" this season but then Fitzy decided he wanted to throw for the first 300+ passing game for the Bills in 59 games. I am humbled as well. To be honest with you, in year 1 for a rebuilding franchise, it sure is great to see production like that and I don't know if Fitz has it in him to do that on a regular basis but here's hoping lol.